1 (edited by suzushii 02-08-2012 04:55:12)

Topic: [SOLVED] Memory leakage reported

When i was watching videos like 1080p, SVP occasionally pops out "memory leak" warning.
Since it happens quite often about 2 times a day and every time when i restart my computer, it pops out a message suggesting me to report the log file on the forum so i post it here.
Seems that SVP automatically "restart" itself when memory leakage occurs, actually the video playing wasn't stopped so i think SVP did a good job on preventing the whole thing to crash but, the continuous warning is a bit annoying... roll
I have a 4GB RAM, and when memory leaks, the usage increases up to around 3.7GB, causing warning messages.
I'm using 64 bit Window 7, Intel i7 with NVidia GT 330. And i attached the error log file.

Post's attachments

LastErrorLog.txt 197.68 kb, 940 downloads since 2012-08-02 

Re: [SOLVED] Memory leakage reported

suzushii
Thank You for the log.

Seems that SVP automatically "restart" itself when memory leakage occurs
Yes. You are right.

the continuous warning is a bit annoying...
I agree with You.

I see from log You are watching 1920x1080@23.976 video at 60 Hz monitor. The error message is:

Error: Warning: there's a memory leak in the video player: 1859 MB
To prevent the closing of the player due to lack of memory a script restarted improve smoothness.

Used memory size registered various from 1784 MB to 1859 MB.

You have very heavy setting in the profile 1920x1080@24. You can do:
1. Change settings to more lite values for memory usage (Motion vector grid, Decrease grid step, Motion vector precision).
2. Reduce threads number: in the tray menu - Processing threads.
3. Swith off monitoring of used memory: in the tray menu - Information - Hidden settings. Find and change to 0 value of setting ReloadAVSFactor. Restart SVP. It is on You own risk. This memory monitoring prevents from player's hangs or closing.

Thanks for MAG79's reply smile
After changing the profile, it does improve and did not show any warnings, at least so far. i always set thread number to auto.
So it turns out that the original setting is somehow tough for my 4G RAM.  (when installing SVP i just chose the intel i7 box and leave the default 1080p profile)
Despite of my i7 and GT330(well i know it's not very powerful comparing to other graphic cards..), maybe i should add another 4G RAM to deal with SVP...
And last, i need to say SVP really changed my visual experience ! So cool when everthing gets smoother than ever  : lol

suzushii
maybe i should add another 4G RAM
No. 4 GB is enough for SVP.

So cool when everthing gets smoother than ever  : lol
We are happy now! smile