Topic: What is Re-Clock for?

When I asked before, someone told me it is not necessary to install it......

But what is the benefit of this? Why would one install it or not install it?

please explain

Thanks

Re: What is Re-Clock for?

Alot of PAL videos are speeded up from 23.976fps to 25fps. This is because PAL televisions used to be exactly 50hz. Displaying 25fps on a 50hz TV is easy, since you just diplay the same picture twice. However, 23.976 is a little tricker, hence the speedup. The problem with speeding up video is that the sound is speed up aswell, leading to a kind of "chipmunk" effect. Please note, that is VERY subtle. Reclock fixes this by slowing down 25fps PAL content to 23.976fps, which was the speed they we're meant to be watched at. You can hear some voice samples at the Re-Clock's creator's website. Personally, I couldn't hear the difference, but maybe you can?

ahh thanks a lot...now I get it. Might as well install it then

But tell me something.........

If I ONLY install Re-Clock without installing SVP...would I still get the 60 FPS smoothness or they are meant to be installed together?

Re-Clock will simply slow down the movie to 23.976fps, meaning you will still need to install SVP for for 60fps. By the way, I believe most movies today aren't speed up for PAL anymore, so unless you watch old movies, it really isn't neccesary.

ReClock with SVP does something more important than PAL SpeedDown. It can synchronize video frame rate to refresh rate of you display.

See additional info:

Last processed file parameters:
Filename: Avatar.2009.Extended.Collectors.Cut.1080p.Blu-ray.AVC.Rus.Eng.mkv
Frame size and frame rate: 1920x1080 pixels, 23.976 fps
After crop: 1912x1072 pixels

Detected screen parameters
Screen size and refresh rate: 1920x1200 pixels, 59.914 Hz

Video smoothing info
Smooth factor: 5:2
Resulting video frame rate: 59.94 fps
Drop 1 frame every 38 sec (without ReClock)

ReClock let us to avoid frame drops and frame repeating. So no jerkiness while playing. Absolutely. wink

This basicly means that once every 38 seconds, we get 59 fps instead of 60fps. Is this even noticeable?

Everyone decides it for themself. smile
I use ReClock because it supports WASAPI audio render.

heyer
This basicly means that once every 38 seconds, we get 59 fps instead of 60fps. Is this even noticeable?
Yes. When playback is smooth such places are very noticeable.
It is not usual framerate change. It is framedrop. Bypass one of motion phase while playing.
And 38 sec is not so bad. In some cases this number is less and jerkiness becomes annoying.

Hi!
I'm new about your project but i love it. In your suite there still is Reclock but for what do i need it? I thought SVP syncs the video to the framerate of my monitor, so i dont need to reclock it, am i?

daglac
I thought SVP syncs the video to the framerate of my monitor

yeah, but the accuracy is much less than 1/1000 of Hz

(at least with default settings)

someone believe that even 1 dropped frame is bad smile

I don't install Re-Clock because it cause  Lip sync problem when watching DVB.

Question:

what do this option: "Blend Frames to screen refresh rate"
what difference is between:
1. target frame rate:   to screen refresh rate  + disabled Blend Frames to screen refresh rate
2. target frame rate:   to screen refresh rate/2  + enabled  Blend Frames to screen refresh rate

it's a strange and unexpected question from such an experienced user smile

assume that you have 48 Hz monitor and 24 fps source
"1. target frame rate:   to screen refresh rate  + disabled Blend Frames to screen refresh rate" - will give you every other frame interpolated
"2. target frame rate:   to screen refresh rate/2  + enabled  Blend Frames to screen refresh rate" - will give you every other frame blended (averaged) from two source frames, without any real motion interpolation

it's the ConvertFPS function from Avisynth

13 (edited by fooladi 16-07-2012 12:51:44)

big_smile

just I wondered because enabling  "Blend Frames to screen refresh rate" noticeably increases CPU load .also want to know what benefits are behind this setting with such CPU load.

may it reduce artifacts and increase blurriness but  I think this depends on monitor Specifications. watching quality and CPU load differ in  48, 60 or 75 hz monitors.

-------------------------
i have 60-75 hz monitors

just forget about this option, you don't need it  big_smile