Topic: Making slow motion

Greetings all - I got here by googling twixtor, but from what I have read so far, is that this is a good program for watching super smooth slow motion.

I am interested in rendering video files in slow motion, similar to what twixtor does. I would like to take some 60 fps footage, and be able to slow it down to say, 10%, 20%, or 30% speed and still have it silky smooth, then render it to a final product.

Can SVP do this? Or is it meant mostly for just watching in ultra slow motion?

thanks!

Re: Making slow motion

SVP is not for processing video but for watching it wink

But SVPflow are an Avisynth plugins for motion interpolation so obviously you need some Avisynth knowledge. The basic idea is to interpolate source to 60*10=600 fps and output it at 60 fps.
So with the InterFrame script:

LoadPlugin("CORRECT_PATH/svpflow1.dll")
LoadPlugin("CORRECT_PATH/svpflow2.dll")
Import("CORRECT_PATH/InterFrame2.avsi")
DirectShowSource(SOURCE)
SetMTMode(2)
InterFrame(NewNum=600, NewDen=1, Cores=4)

AssumeFps(60)

thanks for the reply - I will have to get more familiar with Avisynth I guess - I vaguely get what the text you posted does, but have no idea how to implement it. When I get time I will download avisynth and play with it first.

4 (edited by NightFox 05-06-2012 09:25:22)

In this topic, I posted an example with 30 fps interpolated to 120 and again slowed down to 30.
For processing, I used VirtualDub.
I just copied the script from configured the SVP and corrected it a bit to make it work in VirtualDub.
But the example of the proposed Chainik seems more correct.
You can script it use in the VirualDub. You only need to configure the line DirectShowSource(SOURCE). Where is the SOURCE path ("C:\\example.avi").