1 (edited by THX-UltraII 15-05-2012 16:40:00)

Topic: Ultimate SVP settings

Okay I am still looking for the ultimate settings to have smoothness AND no artifacts. I think it s impotant to say what content I play: Full HD 1080p Blu-Ray 23,976fps material. First off all I now know that I have to disable 'decrease grid step' and set 'motion vectors grid' to a low setting. Do I set the motion vectors grid the the LOWEST setting (large 3 I though, don t sit behind my pc atm) for least artifacts?

Next there is the 'frame interpolation mode'. Adaptive is no option for me I think because Adaptive sometimes will switch to Uniform correct? If so, this is one of the causes that gives me artifacts with Adaptive. 2M gives me no artifacts at all but like Chainik told me the smoothness effect is not that good with 2M because there are too many original frames. So for this moment I m sticking with  1M.

Next is 'search radius'. What is the recommended setting to use here when looking for minimal artifacts while still remain smoothness?  Small and Fast?

Next is 'motion vector precision'. I keep seeing differences in peoples recommandations here. Some say half pixel while others say two pixels. What is the correct answer?

And what about Wide Search? What does exactly do and is disabled the best for least artifacts?

EDIT:
And what about the SVP shader. To me it looks like the Complicated shader gives the least artifacts. Is this correct?

Re: Ultimate SVP settings

What artifacts you mean?

If you are talking about ANY picture artifacts then you must to decrease amount of calculated frames and increase amount of source frames (save them all) in the output video. You can do it by choosing Frame doubling.
If you are talking about one kind of artifacts then say what the kind please. It will be great if you take screenshot of your artifacts.

Any SVP setting leads to one or to another kind of artifacts because making new frames is a kind of MAGIC. smile

And what you mean when say "Ultimate settings"? "smoothness AND no artifacts"?
Do you understand what more smoothness makes more artifacts. More masking makes less smothness.

And. I know. All we need manual for each SVP setting. I still have no time for that. sad
Let's do this thing: I will explain one setting at time in this topic. And after that we can compose them to the wiki manual.

3 (edited by THX-UltraII 22-05-2012 19:01:51)

Re: Ultimate SVP settings

What artifacts you mean?

artifacts around moving people mostly and artifacts at the bottom and top (last cms) of the picture.

If you are talking about ANY picture artifacts then you must to decrease amount of calculated frames and increase amount of source frames (save them all) in the output video. You can do it by choosing Frame doubling.

But what exactly is the difference when choosing frame doubling or when changing the frame interpolation mode? I thought FI mode changing from eg. 1M to 2M results in more original frames so how is 'to screen refresh rate=>frame doubling' different from '1M=>2M'?

And what you mean when say "Ultimate settings"? "smoothness AND no artifacts"?
Do you understand what more smoothness makes more artifacts. More masking makes less smothness.

I understand so I m looking for the best settings (for me). Like I said in another topic (http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=733) 1M gives too much artifacts and 2M no artifacts. Isn t there a possibility to create a FI mode between 1M and 2M? ('1,5M')

Let's do this thing: I will explain one setting at time in this topic. And after that we can compose them to the wiki manual.

Sounds great! Maybe you have time to explain in detail 2 or 3 things everyday so you have it all in one week and can add it to the WIKI? I know for sure a lot of SVP users from the Netherlands are dying for this! smile

Frames Interpolation Mode
SVP Shader
Motion Vectors Interpolation Mode
Target Frame Rate
Motion Vectors Grid
Decrease Grid Step
Search Radius
Motion Vectors Precision
Wide Search
Artifact Masking
Processing Of Scene Changes
Decrease Frame Size