1 (edited by Solinus 02-06-2012 03:11:24)

Topic: Shaky video with Intel Ivy Bridge graphics

Any video that I play using SVP is shaky. It is very noticeable in scenes where there is just talking/no motion. I have been changing settings in SVP one by one, but it is still shaky nonetheless. I'm wondering whether this is because I'm using the Pre 3.1.2. patch.

Re: Shaky video with Intel Ivy Bridge graphics

Solinus
What your hardware configuration?
Did you try to disable GPU-acceleration in SVP tray menu?

3 (edited by Solinus 02-06-2012 04:58:33)

Disabling OpenCL GPU-acceleration fixed the shaking. Thank you very much!  smile

Solinus
Ivy Bridge?  hmm

Solinus
It is only a half of resolving wink
Your GPU-part have "shift-bug".
Please tell us what videocard you use?
Then we can test and fix it.

I have an Intel Core i7-3610QM and Nvidia GT 650M.
I also noticed that although most of the shaking is gone, the bottom 5% of the video is moving up and down frequently. What do you mean by shift-bug? Nvidia Optimus?

Solinus
What do you mean by shift-bug? Nvidia Optimus?

It's an issue with HD4000 graphics. There's no solution for this right now but you can try to set NV card as primary so SVP could use it instead of HD4000.

Solinus
the bottom 5% of the video is moving up and down frequently
This "frame bottom bug" presents only on CPU (when GPU-acceleration is disabled). Noticeable not on every video. It depends on video frame resolution and used SVP-shader.

Setting the preferred GPU to Nvidia doesn't solve it and I can't choose Nvidia for the preferred GPU for MPC-HC. Weird.
http://imgur.com/CRMJb,LQNTV#0

Solinus
I can't choose Nvidia for the preferred GPU for MPC-HC
No. Not preferred for some application. You must set NVIDIA as primary GPU in OS globally.

11 (edited by Solinus 04-06-2012 05:14:53)

Is that option in the BIOS?

Solinus
I saw one approach to set multiply display and to choose NVIDIA Display primary. But it is for desktop-PC. How it can work on notebook I don't know. hmm

Chainik wrote:

It's an issue with HD4000 graphics. There's no solution for this right now but you can try to set NV card as primary so SVP could use it instead of HD4000.

Could you guys explain where you think the problem is with the HD4000 graphics? I experience the same issue on my Intel i5-3320M. Is there any hope to get it fixed?

svpskat
It will be fixed in next version of SVP. But it will be temporally fix because OpenCL from intel is non-standard now. I think they will fix it too. But I don't know when.

MAG79 wrote:

svpskat
It will be fixed in next version of SVP.

That is great news! Thanks. Do you have a rough estimate when the next version of SVP will be released?

svpskat
Do you have a rough estimate when the next version of SVP will be released?

John D. Carmack wrote:

When it's done