1 (edited by Sumo098 22-05-2012 00:53:21)

Topic: [Solved] Using SVP with LAV Filters and xy-VSfilter

I'd like to ask for some help with my little subtitle rendering issue.

It seems that it's recommended to use SVP with LAV Filters, which needs to be used with FFDShow's RAW video decoder in order to funtion due to AVISynth (as far as I've been able to work out). I use xy-VSfilter as my subtitle renderer (since MPC's ISR likes to break typesetting) and it works fine with either LAV or FFD on its own, but if I put it through FFD Raw the subtitles don't show.

My knowledge on video output isn't too great but I think it has something to do with the Raw decoder's output format. DirectVobSub is showing up in the system tray which presumably means that it's trying to render the subtitles, but as I've mentioned earlier there's no evidence of them on-screen.

I'm currently using:

MPC-HC 1.6.1.4235

MadVR 0.82.5 (all decoders disabled)

LAV Filters 0.50.5

Haali Media Splitter

FFDshow tryouts r4422

Any help you can provide is much appreciated and I'll add any more details you need to this post.

Re: [Solved] Using SVP with LAV Filters and xy-VSfilter

Sumo098
I use xy-VSfilter as my subtitle renderer (since MPC's ISR likes to break typesetting)

I can't say anything smart about the question but ffdshow itself can render subtitles. smile

3 (edited by Sumo098 20-05-2012 22:48:02)

Re: [Solved] Using SVP with LAV Filters and xy-VSfilter

Chainik wrote:

Sumo098
I use xy-VSfilter as my subtitle renderer (since MPC's ISR likes to break typesetting)

I can't say anything smart about the question but ffdshow itself can render subtitles. smile

I noticed it had a subtitle filter. I'll give it a shot and report back.

UPDATE: That's got them showing up. Just need to see if the typesetting and general performance are ok.

UPDATE 2: Performance seems to be good, but typesetting on some videos gets pretty messed up. I'm happy to use this for now if I have to, but getting xy-VSfilter working would be the best solution. Thanks a lot for the tip though.

UPDATE 3: Through some tinkering I've managed to get it working. I think I pulled it off by putting DirectVobSub below the FFDshow raw decoder in MPC's filter list. Again thanks for the help. smile