Topic: Media Players keep crashing when SVP is enabled (motion vectors prob).

I've just bought the new core i7 3770k + Asus P8Z77 -V Deluxe and plugged in my old HD5850 which I'v used in my older PC to run SVP without problems. The problem now is that all Media players that I try to use with SVP keep crashing at 1080p (right after the video stars).

Pot Player: Fault Module name: KERNELBASE.DLL
MPC-HC: Fault Module name: StackHash_e7a3

I've checked the log and everything seems normal but ends with:

21:47:27.653; RefreshSVP end: waiting for ffdshow video

I decided to enable the expert mode and go through all the settings and I noticed it's a problem with motion vectors.

Motion vectors interpolation mode: rarely crashes if I change this one.
Motion vectors grid: everything smaller than 12px crashes often.
Motion vectors precision: crashes 100% of the time with default setting (Half pixel) but works with the other two.

Now, if I disable GPU acceleration it works fine but the CPU usage takes a heavy hit. I though that it might be a problem with the HD5850 but I uninstalled it and tried with the onboard graphics and it still crashes. Besides, the HD5850 works fine with SVP in my older i5 750.

The OS is the same as my old one Win7 Ultimate x64.

Any ideas of what might be happening? thanks

Re: Media Players keep crashing when SVP is enabled (motion vectors prob).

It's a memory limit for 32-bit processes. Memory consumed by SVP depends on number of processing threads which in turn depends on number of logic cores in CPU. Obviously i7 has 2 times more logic cores than i5.

So use that patch on player's .exe file.

Chainik wrote:

It's a memory limit for 32-bit processes. Memory consumed by SVP depends on number of processing threads which in turn depends on number of logic cores in CPU. Obviously i7 has 2 times more logic cores than i5.

So use that patch on player's .exe file.

Thanks for your help. They are both working now. smile MPC-HC still wouldn't work, but I changed the renderer from EVR to Haali and it works flawlessly now.

cheers.

lol. this is weird. I've restarted the PC and MPC-HC wouldn't work again. Then I changed the renderer again to EVR and now it's working.  hmm