Topic: Tired of updating MPC-HC

There seems to be an update to MPC-HC every few hours on this site on a daily basis: http://xhmikosr.1f0.de/mpc-hc/?folder=bXBjLWhj

And according to the log here, everyone of these udpates contains some bug fix so I always feel tempted to uninstall my current version and install the latest one.

But I am tired of this really I have to do it at least twice a day as the updates are rolled out that fast

What do you guys do? Do you install the latest official which is v1.6.1.4235 from the Official Site or do you install the latest ones from the site I posted above?

Re: Tired of updating MPC-HC

berryracer
I don't like betas. They are buggy.
I recommend to use final stable releases.

By the way SVP have latest final MPC-HC release in the bundle. When SVP 3.1.1 was released it was MPC-HC 1.6.0.
Now it is 1.6.1. I recommend to use this version.

Alright, ill stick to 1.6.1.4235 then

Cheers man

The vote lacks one option - "I don't use MPC-HC"  big_smile

Chainik
haha yeah

I am obliged to use it because:

1) it is very customizable

2) love the interface, simple and nie small seekbar in full screen

3) i need to install LAV and have MPC use LAV coz videos run better using my GT555M rather than my CPU

Example: When I use my CPU (DVXA), if i am watching a video and move to diff. portions of that video, it takes 2-4 secs till the video motion starts again, but with CUVID/LAV, the seek happens almost instantly so I guess the GPU does a better job than my CPU

I need this for pr0n big_smile

I believe Daum PotPlayer is more customizable. Also it has built-in DXVA copy-back decoder so no need for LAV wink

Chainik wrote:

I believe Daum PotPlayer is more customizable. Also it has built-in DXVA copy-back decoder so no need for LAV wink

I loved PotPlayer but uninstalled it when people on Wilder Security Forums told me that it has a built in auto dialer to some korean number

berryracer wrote:

it has a built in auto dialer to some korean number

WOW!! It's good for me that I don't have any phone line connected to the PC  big_smile

Please excuse me but it sounds like bullshit wink