Topic: Installation Questions! Please help

1) Is it a smart idea what I am doing? When I am installing SVP, as soon as the ffdshow setup launches, I launch my own latest version of ffdshow setup which is: ffdshow_rev4431_20120416_clsid.exe then when the installation is done, i cancel the SVP launched ffdshow installation and the setup continues to the next component...I do the same thing for the Haali Media Splitter, I install my own which is: Haali Media Splitter 1.11.288.0

2) What options shall I choose when installing ffdshow? I see there are some diff. formats to tick, and there is DXVA, do I check those? I ususally did in the past but just want to make sure with the pros here

3) What options to select when installing the haali media splitter

4) do i really need to install the MS security patch? Isn't it included by default in the windows updates?

5) After the installation is done, I go to the LAV folder in the Distr, then I uninstall Lav Audio, Video, and Splitter, then I delete the entire LAV folder, then I copy/paste the LAV 0.51 folder and Install those 3 components again

Please answer my questions in detail as I would like to get the perfect installation

Kindly bear in mind that I always use the CUVID LAV decoder for decoding and madvr as my renderer

I haven't faced any issues in the past with regards to playback, but I would just like to ensure that what Im doing is right or am I screwing something without knowing

Re: Installation Questions! Please help

berryracer
1) It is bad idea. Don't do that. You must install one version at once. You can install your version before or after SVP installation. Not at the same time.
2) It is not necessary to change any option in ffdShow installation.
3) All by default.
4) Yes, you need. Windows have old version.
5) You do a lot unwanted work. Install your version before SVP. Don't Install LAV (uncheck it) from SVP installation. I think if LAV is installed the LAV check box must be unchecked in the SVP.

MAG79 wrote:

berryracer
1) It is bad idea. Don't do that. You must install one version at once. You can install your version before or after SVP installation. Not at the same time.
2) It is not necessary to change any option in ffdShow installation.
3) All by default.
4) Yes, you need. Windows have old version.
5) You do a lot unwanted work. Install your version before SVP. Don't Install LAV (uncheck it) from SVP installation. I think if LAV is installed the LAV check box must be unchecked in the SVP.

Thanks a lot bro! I love how fast I get support on these forums! Heck, it's better than many forums I visit for paid software  big_smile

They're big and fat and we're small and quick  big_smile

MAG79
You do a lot unwanted work. Install your version before SVP. Don't Install LAV (uncheck it) from SVP installation. I think if LAV is installed the LAV check box must be unchecked in the SVP.

If in OS found LAV >= LAV_version_in_installer

(berryracer case, 0.51 in OS and 0.50 in installer)
  LAV-checkbox in installer components window are enabled for choose and uncheked
Otherwise its check by default and not disabled for choose

berryracer
all what you must do - press "Next" all the time  big_smile
Installer "clever" enought