1 (edited by Itchywolf 13-04-2012 02:59:04)

Topic: Did not expect such a huge change with update

Well, I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment, I've been loving and using SVP for a month or 2 now I think, and I just decided to update everything and... while I love the idea of you guys putting so much work into this program, I have to say I am TOTALLY confused now, it seems my favorite setting I used to use is now completely missing, and everything seems WAY too fast for me... I'm fully admitting I have no idea what frame interpolating actually is, I've tried to understand it, but it makes my brain hurt. The old version I used I think was 1m 1.4x 24>60, now all I see is 2.4x 24>60 and all the settings I had played with and tweaked are all completely different... I am so sad right now and I usually love updates! Why did you change EVERYTHING? It's almost like you removed the features I loved! I really don't want to make anyone angry or sound unappreciative, but it looks like a completely different program! And I don't think there is english instructions that explain what every setting is so now I have to spend 2 or 3 days changing every little setting myself. I want to cry. I am so sad. I might uninstall and go back to the old version cuz this 2.4x crap is WAY to fast and makes it look like I have it on fast forward! I'm sure some people like that setting but I don't understand why you removed the 1.4x setting! I've never regretted an update more than this! Thanks for all the hard work you put into this, and I'm still glad I donated what little money I could, but I've never been more confused by an update before, it looks completely different, not a single setting is in the same place! HELP! Please tell me there is a way to configure this the way I had it before, this 2.4x setting looks waaaay to fast, I want my 1.4x setting back! It's like the pulldown list for target framerate is missing 3 of the options I used EXCLUSIVELY! I am literally going to cry now. I just don't understand why you changed SO MUCH! bye.

I am also unable to change the interface type from the tray icon back from expert mode without doing a complete reinstall of the program... Dang it I guess I'm just going to have to go back to the old version I was using, I don't recognize a single setting in this program any more... I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest I just don't understand why everything is completely different now!

Re: Did not expect such a huge change with update

In case my frustration doesn't translate well, I am not angry with you, but I'm upset by my own stupidity. I guess I shouldn't have even updated the product when I was happy with how it was working in the 1st place. I think I understand now, after doing a reinstall, how to get it working the way I want it to. Sorry for bothering you, I just wish the translations and explanations for each function and setting were better documented, as I spent so much time learning exactly how each setting worked for me and now all those settings are either gone or named something completely different. You can understand how that would be frustrating right? It's your program and I can't thank you enough for it, but it's like running windows 3.1 and installing windows 3.2 and all the suddon it looks like windows 8. It's all completely different it really made me very sad. I'm still not sure if I will keep this update installed or go back to the previous version I spent so much time tweaking and understanding how it worked, or repeating the process and worrying that the next time you update it you'll just completely change everything again. I hope this doesn't sound rude or make anyone upset I just feel like a stupid fool who wasted his time trying to learn how to use this program and get it to work perfectly for me. Thank you so much for all the hard work you all put into this, I DO APPRECIATE IT, even though it may not sound like it because I feel frustrated and clueless.

Did you install Re-Clock? I noticed that when I install Re-Clock everything looks like it is in fast forward....try uninstalling it and see if it makes a difference

Itchywolf
why you removed the 1.4x setting
You can change Frame interpolation mode to 2m.
It is equal to 1.4x mode in SVP 3.0.

Itchywolf
I am also unable to change the interface type from the tray icon
It is a bug. Sorry for the inconvenience. It will be fixed with next build.

Itchywolf
I just wish the translations and explanations for each function and setting were better documented

did you saw tooltips over every setting?  big_smile