Topic: Amazing job guys! I love SVP 3.1 ;)

But I'm so confused now what all the new options do. It took me a while to understand the old ones.
Anyway, looks like even when everything is set to default the quality is really amazing. Looks like that Adaptive thing is doing the job really well.

Thank you all. I love it!  smile

2 (edited by Kasper17 14-03-2012 22:01:03)

Re: Amazing job guys! I love SVP 3.1 ;)

Hi Guys...Thanks for keeping up the great job...  smile
FDisk- I agree with you..Seems like the defaut option is the best setting !!
Version 3.1 Is Cool...I really do like it big_smile

I don't know if it's intentional or not but if you reset all settings to default, some options are still not set to the ones that marked (Default).
So what is the real default here? Should I select all the options marked (Default) manually if I want default settings?

Options marked "default" in UI is the best choice in most cases but their could be really heavy, especially for 1080p.

So SVP installer makes a quick assessment of the hardware speed and chooses one of predefined profiles sets - from "level 1" (minimum system like Core2Duo 2 GHz) to "level 5" (i7-2600 and above).
You can always change default profiles set with "Reset profiles" start menu item.

5 (edited by FDisk 14-03-2012 23:28:28)

Chainik wrote:

Options marked "default" in UI is the best choice in most cases but their could be really heavy, especially for 1080p.

So SVP installer makes a quick assessment of the hardware speed and chooses one of predefined profiles sets - from "level 1" (minimum system like Core2Duo 2 GHz) to "level 5" (i7-2600 and above).
You can always change default profiles set with "Reset profiles" start menu item.

Thanks, didn't know about that start menu item.
Looks like Level 5 works smooth on my i5 750 @3.66GHz with OpenCL and DXVA even with 1080P MKV's. So i'l stick to that.   big_smile

FDisk
Looks like Level 5 works smooth on my i5 750 @3.66GHz

big_smile it's just because no one of us have i7-2600, so "level 5" may be a little bit simpler than it should be wink

CPU usage is lower and the quality seems the same/better. Loving it!

This is good more smooth but, in my case im having problems, when i change some settings sometimes or just jump to any second or minutes of X movie i got this error from SVP: SVSmoothFps: unable to init FlowLib [code 0x3fffb] etc. I have more cpu usage than before with 1080p and sometimes i cant play them sad ( something that i fixed before with previous version ) , but this is still very good, i hope i can figure out how to make this work on my system.

Greetings.

Maken1
SVSmoothFps: unable to init FlowLib [code 0x3fffb]
It is well known bug on NVIDIA cards. It is seems to be fixed. We testing it now. This fix will be available soon.

MAG79
Hey MAG, how you been man? okey thanks good to know that sad now im sad haha all of you are enjoying this and i dont sad. My performance is not so good for me, cant do anything  because i got that message problem from SVP and it deactivated then i have to close the player and svp and try it again :S. Im using Nvidia Drivers 295.73

Maken1
i got that message problem from SVP

what kind of message?

Rimsky
what kind of message?
SVSmoothFps: unable to init FlowLib [code 0x3fffb]

Maken1
Be patient. We need a little more time to test it. smile

---
You can do one thing to avoid the message:
1. Restart player every time you open video. It is reset "message timer" wink
2. Turn off GPU-acceleration. It is fully fix the problem but with some SVP performance decrease.

13 (edited by Knight 18-03-2012 11:54:09)

Chainik

About the reset profile: if I want my "old" profile back do I just need to copy&paste from the backup folder to the other folder?

yep
and restart Manager of course

15 (edited by travolter 19-03-2012 17:10:10)

Hi guys.. wink

I do not want to open another "I love you guys" thread, so Ill reply here,

Im using framedoubling scripts since 3 years now..  and this is the best motion that I have never seen before. (Im in love with the 6px motion vectors grid. The smoothness is really great... I feel a bit dizzy watching the screen now).

Thanks a lot for the hard work of the team.. coders and testers, and big thanks for maintain this project alive!!!

travolter
coders and testers

all forget about installer master until distr work fine  big_smile