Topic: Playing YouTube live streams with SVP

A small tool to extract direct links to live streams from YouTube and send it to your preferred video player that can play this stream as normal video with SVP and/or any post processing enabled.
Tested with MPC-HC and Daum PotPlayer.

http://www.svp-team.com/files/svptube-1.0.0.zip

What this app can:

1. Monitor clipboard for YouTube links and extract direct links to video streams in different formats.
2. Send any available stream to selected (or system default) video player.
3. Do this automatically with "Autoplay" option enabled (from tray context menu).
4. Choose preferred video size.

Notes:
1. These links're time limited and valid for your IP only
2. Some builds of PotPlayer crashes with FLV/AVC streams
3. With MPC-HC it's a good idea to play ONLY MP4 streams.

Enjoy wink

Re: Playing YouTube live streams with SVP

Hi m8, this is a great news big_smile, but i got a problem when i try to open a file it runs with WMP, how can i setup mpc-hc as default player? yikes

Working on it...

MPC-HC register itself NOT in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, but PotPlayer working good.

Oky i w8 ur upgrades so tnx in advance ^_^

http://www.svp-team.com/files/svptube-1.0.0.zip

= lives in tray area
+ video player selection
+ preferred video resolution selection
+ auto starts with Windows

Ho-ly shiat... a dream come true.
Thanks Chainik, please integrate this into the SVP Manager as a feature!
Works great for me so far (v1.0), preferred resolution is just cream on top, was waiting for this from Youtube itself for some time now.

nuhi
please integrate this into the SVP Manager as a feature!

that's the plan smile

Idea:
Let's create (Chrome ;] ) extension which would launch player and pause youtube with a single click. And movie would begin from the time stamp when it was clicked. 

I was thinking also about plugin which could substitute flash player with one which uses Directshow codecs. But it may be difficult to do it properly and I think the only existing plugin which use windows codecs is shitty Windows Media Player Plugin.

- i don't think an extension could execute external apps
- i don't know how to tell mpc-hc (or potplayer) the exact timestamp to start with

I was thinking also about plugin which could substitute flash player with one which uses Directshow codecs.

Why? The beauty of current solution is you can process stream in common way - cropping, sharping etc, and render it with madVR for example. Any embedded player is just crap smile