Topic: Some question from a noob :>

Hello everyone first of all. I really hate low fps on videos like everyone who's here i suppose and i wish to make some questions before i start to config everythings.

My Settings is:

Windows 7 x64bit
i7 950 3.07 Ghz
my Gpu is Evga Geforce GTX 480
12GB Ram Corsair 1600 Mhz
Monitor W2363D 120Hz

1- Are all the files in the Packet SVP 3.0.6 ok for my win7 x 64 or should i download anything different?

2- And most important question, i download all of this to see Blu-Ray Disc (not file/rip) is it possible or i'm loosing time?

3- I saw around alot of ppls whining about an error still while trying to read DVD-Disc like "DVD": Error Macrovision wtf!?

Your Help would be greatly appreciated i really hate the quality of video today and expecially if we'r talking about Blu-Ray discs hmm

Hope in ur help soon.  neutral

Re: Some question from a noob :>

Hello PerfectHal
Your config is good enough for SVP.

1. If you use Full distributive of SVP 3.0.6 then all you need are included in this package.
2. What player do you use? BD from disc or from image on HDD? You can use SVP with several players but I can't tell just now which player is better to view BD with SVP.
3. I don't know about this error. Perhaps it is because I haven't BD-device and all my DVD-devices are multi-regional.

What you think about Sport, Benchmark or Nature BDs with 1080@30i? They are quite smooth: 60 fps after deinterlacing.

Hello I use BD from DISC they'r original BD, dunnow wich player i could use, any suggestion? ^_^ ur the boss big_smile aniway the problem i wrote was about movie player home cinema.

Try to get easy on me with explanation i'm a bit noob and my english is not that good smile

oh and i saw movie player home cinema in the packet is for 32bit op system could that be a problem for a x64bit system?
if all in ur opinion is ok, could pls link me or write me a guide to install everything that work 100%? i've no codec installed on my pc so i think i've just to download and set everything i'll post you a screen of svp mark so u can judge too.

again tnx in advance hope to get all this to work. smile

This is my result without any pack actually installed so without avysinth too:

Test summary
-----------------------
  Date: 2012-02-20T15:39:08
  CPU:  Intel Core i7 950 @3070 MHz [8 threads]
  GPU:  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

Overall scores
-----------------------
  Synthetic CPU:                  MC1673
  Synthetic GPU:                  MG2964

Details: synthetic
-----------------------
  CPU: compose (single-threaded): 445
  CPU: compose (multi-threaded):  1922
  CPU: search (single-threaded):  344
  CPU: search (multi-threaded):   1482
  GPU: system -> GPU transfer:    1190
  GPU: GPU -> system transfer:    1386
  GPU: calculations:               1541
  GPU: total score:               5859

w8ing for ur opinion and suggestion with my personal guide ^^

PerfectHal
It's better to ask such questions on AVS Forum, for example. I don't know if there's any player capable of playing original BD disks that supports external decoders  hmm All I know is that both MPC-HC and PotPlayer can play main title (without any menus) in BD disc grabbed to HDD folder but I know nothing about real BD discs playback.

And your system is fine for full 1080p 60Hz interpolation.

PerfectHal
I use BD from DISC they'r original BD, dunnow wich player i could use, any suggestion?
I watch BDrips and BDremuxes (some times BD from folder without menu). I use MPC-HC. I never try to watch BD-menu with SVP. Sorry. roll

home cinema in the packet is for 32bit op system could that be a problem for a x64bit system?
No. It works fine. Only 32bit players can work together with SVP.

guide to install everything that work 100%?
Just run SVP 3.0.6 Full installation. Al is you need will be installed automatically.

i've done it as u sayed Mag79 and tnx again for your time, but this is the result...the program play cause of the green play sign near the clock
but fps are still at 24!!! i check them with fraps and i've checked with the player too while playing.

those are the setting while i'm playing a file(default profile), but on the player above left on the screen i have a "unexpected character .." dunnow really what is it. and frame are still the original one checked with player and fraps too...cant really understand how this is possible the programs is running. sad

Post's attachments

Immagine.jpg, 106.17 kb, 463 x 966
Immagine.jpg 106.17 kb, 513 downloads since 2012-02-20 

9 (edited by PerfectHal 21-02-2012 04:22:46)

I've seen the faq about the unexpected character found bla bla on the screen, i've uninstalled ffdshow and reinstalled the most upgraded version i've found, (uninstalled with revo uninstaller pro to remove all the related files in the reg and stuffs) but i still continue to have that error dunnow really what to do right now sad

Edit: i did it atleast!!! Tnx to all of you for the answers.

now i got some performance problem, with my setup wich configuration u suggest me? consider that i'm running everything like in ur quick guide on ur webpage. so i havnt modified any codecs priority and bla bla.

i got an error sometimes like SVP: low performance u should set up ur SVP-Index to "X"

how can i modified my SVP-index? tnx in advance. smile

PerfectHal
unexpected character ..
It is a bug. Twice trying to fix, but it is not finally fixed. wink The final fix done with SVP 3.1.
At this moment you need to reboot and to run once SVPMgr as Administrator. It will help you.

Hehe simultanious answer ^_^ read my edit post above ur pls and tnx smile

PerfectHal
how can i modified my SVP-index?
SVP-index is measurement value of your computer performance. You can not modify it, you can adjust performance. wink

Can you take screenshot of Performace graphs window when low performance alert will appear next time?

i did it atleast, was some codec customization option and stuffs smile now i run at 120hz the only thing i miss is a way to read from BD-disc if u find this ur seriously god! Tnx aniway for this great job!

PerfectHal
I can play BD in MPC-HC from folder by opening or clicking on BDMV\index.bdmv or BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv files. It plays movie from start but without any BD-menu.

MAG79
BD disc content obviously is DRM protected.
And I believe it can be played only with DRM-enabled decoder (which is NOT ffdshow) on DRM-enabled renderer (which is EVR).

PerfectHal
Anyway all we can here is do theory talks only cause neither of us has BD disc reader.

Chainik
BD is work for me from folder. I tested it.
May be no DRM protection in my BD-folders which I tested.

MAG79
It is usefull programm - Any DVD (AnyHD DVD)
Removes all DRM protect and regions from DVD and BD, but stores original structure
Releasers on trackers very love it!

MAG79
BD is work for me from folder. I tested it.

I know, I've wrote that in my first post here.

The keyword is "DISC" wink

Chainik
The keyword is "DISC"

that means "DRM"?

20 (edited by PerfectHal 23-02-2012 19:05:49)

MAG79

Theese r great news but when i've tested mpc-hc just say "opening file", then for just a second it says "Playing"(without seeing anything on the screen) and then instant pause it!!! without any way to restart the playback! Any advice? :'(

Edit: I did it in the end really tnx to everyone (using Any DVD HD work perfectly)

Now i got only a problem, i have a problem while i read DVD-Disc Source, MPC-HC tell me a msg DVD: Macrovision Error and the DVD does not start. the problem is madVR 100% i've readed in some other discussion and if i change madVR in EVR for example and stuffs or default DVD start correctly.

Problem 2: even if i can launch the DVD from disc, i got a big green side bar on the right of the screen while dvd is playing (all theese without activating SVP)

Problem 3: i could ignore the green stuff and play SVP but if i do the FPS are badly irregular and they drop too often, i've tryed frame doubling emergency option too but they still continue to go bad they only work if i make double the framerate in the setup. The strange thing is that when i monitor the cpu utilization is like 20/30% usage but i still continue to have problems in FPS and he says SVP low performance bla bla u know.

This happends in high resolution too profile 1920x1080 my cpu utilization is the majority of times around 50% but if i try to improve some option i got the usual SVP: low performance bla bla.

Any advice for all of that? smile Tnx

Maybe u've not readed cause of the edit, so a lil Bump ^_^

PerfectHal
I've got same problem Macrovision error with dvd playback, BD playback has not problem using madVR  sad

Please, help me.

bye

If ur using Win 7 64 bit and stuffs madVR have problem, just change video renderer and u'll see ur DvD will play correctly (Note: Win 7 64 is not the only system not supported by madVR, Google around to check the list).

Hope i've helped you.

PerfectHal wrote:

If ur using Win 7 64 bit and stuffs madVR have problem, just change video renderer and u'll see ur DvD will play correctly (Note: Win 7 64 is not the only system not supported by madVR, Google around to check the list).

Hope i've helped you.

madVR works fine in w7 x64, I have problem only with SVP tool  sad
You can try. Please, Configure in  MPC-HC madVR videorender without to install SVP, and DVD playback will work fine!

bye