Topic: Trying to get 0 dropped frames... Am I doing right ??

Hello everybody,

First I'd like to thank the team who realized SVP, I've tested it's motion interpolation features and it is just amazing.
Secondly, I am French, so sorry for my English hmm

I've tried for month to get a perfect 23.976 playback with my gt430 video card and madvr with audio bitstream, but well, without success...

I managed to get 4 dropped frames on a 2h films with nvidia custom resolution, my video card now displays 23.9757 fps according to madvr osd.
But it is still too much for me, I am very sensitive to that.
I know I could get rid of the problem by using reclock but I really want to enjoy dtshd and true-hd audio.

So I ask: I thought configuring SVP's target framerate to "screen refresh rate" could transform my movie from its 23.976 fps to my video card's 23.9757 fps.
I also tried with checking "Blend frames to screen refresh rate" but I still get dropped frames.

Am I doing something wrong ?
Is what I would like to do thanks to SVP doable ?

Thank you so much !

Re: Trying to get 0 dropped frames... Am I doing right ??

Libeluratio
4 dropped frames on a 2h films
It is not so bad.
You need use ReClock or EVR Sync renderer to completly fix it.

I know I could get rid of the problem by using reclock but I really want to enjoy dtshd and true-hd audio
Oh. It is well known problem. The solution is to use analog audio out (decode dtshd on PC) or to handle SPDIF audio speed from ReClock. I don't know is Reclock compatible to dtshd or true-hd.
Otherwise you need confirm to hd-audio but with frame drops.

tried with checking "Blend frames to screen refresh rate" but I still get dropped frames
It is quite normal. SVP use precise of 3 digits after dot. 23.976 Hz in your case.

Do you really notice these 4 drops at 2h movie?

Hi,

Yes, I think I must be very very sensative to this phenomenon, I notice every image dropped/ image repeated during a movie, and so do my girlfriend.
I know it is not so bad 4 dropped frames during a 2h length movie but since I bought a 450€ HTPC specially for watching movies on my TV, you'll understand I would like things to be perfect...

You need use ReClock or EVR Sync renderer to completly fix it.

Oh, why EVR Sync and how to configure it in order to eliminate my dropped frames ?

So if I understand well, SVP couldn't help me in that problem ? hmm

Libeluratio
could transform my movie from its 23.976 fps to my video card's 23.9757 fps

No, it can't.
And the main reason is SVP's purpose is to get 59.94 from 23.976.