1 (edited by berryracer 09-09-2012 22:51:23)

Topic: Why does MPC-HC 64-Bit exist?

Just wondering, it's been years since there are always variants of the x64 edition of MPC-HC and I am wondering, why does it even exist?

1) Is there a 64 bit ffdshow?

2) People say LAV doesn't work well on 64 bit yet there is a 64 bit LAV? I am confused, what gives?

3) Does madVR work on the 64 bit edition of MPC-HC?

4) Finally, and most importantly, does SVP work with 64 bit edition of MPC-HC?

I don't see the point in this 64 bit edition thing sad

Today I was watching a movie which is around 2.5 GB and I got an error either from MPC-HC or SVP (not sure) that the program ran out of memory and I must restart it, this is what made me think, I wish I Was able to install the 64 bit edition of MPC-HC and make use of the 16 GB RAM that I have

Re: Why does MPC-HC 64-Bit exist?

My SVP settings are all on default, I didn't change a thing except enabling "Detect Variable framerate" mode

Things have improved drastically since I changed the LAV decoder from CUVID to DXVA, no more hangs when moving through diff. sections of a movie. I don't know if I am missing out on any quality by doing that but I am stil using madVR so.... I dunno

berryracer
To work SVP x64 need all it's parts in x64 too: splitter, decoder, ffdShow, avisynth, SVP libraries, renderer and player.
Avisynth x64 is still unstable and alfa state.
SVP libraries x64 are absent.

If you want you may search the answers of your questions 1, 2, 3 yourself.

I got an error

Where is last launch log?
And show AVS-script please.

We have two ways to resolve lack of memory issue:
1. to combine all x64 versions of soft together, SVP libraries recompile to x64, test and debug it many-many days and nights - hard way
2. to change some settings in SVP to lesser memory use - simple way

I understand, the issue was caused by Bitdefender Internet Security. The moment I uninstalled it everything works fine now

but still, I wish some day there will be an x64 version of SVP. Offcourse, when AVIsynth is ready and stable

does it mean that i cannot use SVP if i have Windows 7 64bit installed? cant i install the x86 version using 64 bit windows?

khestoi
No
Most of us are using Win7 x64 and SVP wink
It works great smile

Any rumors about a new SVP version yet?

THX-UltraII

I was thinking the same thing, it's been 2 months since the last update

9 (edited by THX-UltraII 13-09-2012 13:45:05)

I subscribed for beta testing a few months ago so I assume MAG79 will notify me as soon as a new version is on the horizon.

It was summer holidays. People must have a rest. smile

About new version. May be soon. We have small changes and bug fixes to SVP 3.1.2. It is enough to make minor update version. Something like 3.1.3. We will inform you.

MAG79 wrote:

It was summer holidays. People must have a rest. smile

About new version. May be soon. We have small changes and bug fixes to SVP 3.1.2. It is enough to make minor update version. Something like 3.1.3. We will inform you.

thanks MAG