Topic: video snapshots in SVP folder?

Yesterday I was reinstalling computer and whiile doing backup of files I found many video screen captures into a hidden folder of SVP placed into "documents and settings" (XP)

The screencaptures had filenames like grab0002.jpg and grsvp106.bmp

My question is:

This is a SVP feature or I had some spyware installed in my computer?
There is a key shortcut to take these snapshots? Maybe Im pressing this key while playing video (I do it several times to control some features of POTplayer) and I didnt notice that its for take snaps.

If its an automatic feature.. how can be disabled?

Re: video snapshots in SVP folder?

it's the only option for SVP Manager to determine the actual video size - grab any frame to temporary file with ffdshow

Normally SVP must delete these temporal snapshots.

ok if is a nornal SVP behavior no problem.. I was more worried about spyware activity from a 3rd part

travolter
You can turn off making screenshots from SVP. Change hidden setting: VarChkDimAndFps=2.
Then delete all screenshots manually. Restart SVP manager.

If you can see any new screenshot after that then it is probably some spyware activity. hmm

MAG79 wrote:

travolter
You can turn off making screenshots from SVP. Change hidden setting: VarChkDimAndFps=2.
Then delete all screenshots manually. Restart SVP manager.

If you can see any new screenshot after that then it is probably some spyware activity. hmm

I use other avisynth image processing into Msmooth.avs before apply SVP. Sometimes when I testing new filters the player crashes.. and I bet that this is the reason to dont get the screencaps deleted

travolter
Did you try VarChkDimAndFps=2?

Anyway to do screenshot while playing?

totalz
I don't understand you. What you want to ask?

MAG79

Some of the artifacts I want to capture disappear once I pause, so built-in screen capture from the video player cannot capture the frame created by SVP.  So I wonder if SVP has frame capture function?

totalz
built-in screen capture from the video player cannot capture the frame created by SVP

not true
just pause on the right frame