1 (edited by ayan 17-07-2012 08:48:52)

Topic: conversion 25 to 50fps

Hi,

How can i convert my 25 fps video to 50 fps (instead of 60fps) video using the article submitted by SubJunk "Convert videos to 60 fps" ?

My second question is can we convert video from one frame rate to another using SVP player offline (just like interframe) as i guess SVP adds interpolated frames only in realtime ? please correct me if i am wrong. If we can do conversion using SVP offline (not in realtime) then please let me know how can we do this ?

My third question is did you guys compare the video quality of interpolated video (from one frame to another e.g 25 to 50) of SVP / interframe with the twixtor results ? which one is better , i compared video quality of interframe with twixtor , i felt that twixtor plays much smoother video as compared to interframe, may be your opinion is different than me and i donot know about SVP quality yet. What you guys think of it ? i hope you guys did have some comparison test/conclusion !

thanks in advance

Re: conversion 25 to 50fps

ayan
How can i convert my 25 fps video to 50 fps (instead of 60fps) video using the article submitted by SubJunk "Convert videos to 60 fps" ?

Manual  big_smile

NewNum=50, NewDen=1

can we convert video from one frame rate to another using SVP player offline (just like interframe) as i guess SVP adds interpolated frames only in realtime

Both SVP and Interframe are just a scripts in the end. Use "Generate AVS scripts" from SVP.

ayan
About third question.

Interpolation quality is not simple question.
1. At what settings you did your compare?

All programs you told have a lot of settings.

2. And what you need at the first place?
- smoothness
- less artifacts
- less jerkyness

4 (edited by ayan 17-07-2012 15:57:31)

thanks, but in the Manual , it is written that

if value of NewNum=>    0 - Automatic output framerate     then         If the input framerate is 25FPS, output 50FPS

i tried with 0 using the following script (same as in subjunk article)

Setmemorymax(512)
SetMTMode(3,4)
PluginPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\"
LoadPlugin(PluginPath+"svpflow1.dll")
LoadPlugin(PluginPath+"svpflow2.dll")
Import(PluginPath+"InterFrame2.avsi")
AVISource("C:\Desktop\1080_25p.avi", audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
SetMTMode(2)
#deinterlace
#crop
#denoise
#resize
InterFrame(NewNum=0, NewDen=0, Cores=4)

--> in the above case i get 6 times increase in frame rate i-e: if original # of frame= 125 (for 25p video) then after conversion i get # of frame = 750(for 50p)
which is wrong as after conversion # of frame for 50p video should be 250(125 original+125 interpolated) frames.

i also tried with the case
InterFrame(NewNum=5, NewDen=1, Cores=4) and in this case i am also getting wrong frames number (after conversion for 50p i am getting less frames (60 frames))

please let me know  why i am not getting the desired frame number (i.e 250 frames after the conversion from 25p to 50p)

I've no idea how zero values work and you'd better ask SubJunk about it, but explicitly defined "(NewNum=50, NewDen=1)" should work anyway.