1 (edited by travolter 05-04-2011 17:52:53)

Topic: how to change default avs script?

Hi and congratulations with the proyect. Im user of mvtools2 avisynth scripts since years and follower of this thread http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre … mp;page=43
Im noticing much better performance in comparison with our classics scripts, so good job!! smile

Question:

How can I add lines to default SVP script? What files I need to edit to add the changes?
When I use avisynth scripts for framedoubling I usually add lines to correct color,.. for example Levels, toon, assumefps etc.... all ones previous to the framedoubling processing.

I would also want to test with different MT values.. but I dont know where to change them.

Re: how to change default avs script?

Thank you wink

SVP is a different approach than "classic scripts". Yes, you're limited to features that we (the developers) have implemented so far, but you get
1. simplicity
2. speed

In general, it's all about simplicity of use.

So the answer to all your questions  - "can I add that line" - yes, you can, but you wouldn't like it smile
While playing video, pause it, choose "Show" -> "AVS script from last play", change anything you want, save the script, and resume video. And yes, you have to do this every time.

Why you can't "correct colors" in ffdshow, or even in player's pixel shaders?

OK Ill test, but this is a bit tedious process. A place to insert lines to the script is a must.

I need them because I add ColorYUV(autowhite=true) and toon(0.5) in every video that I play.. and these features are not implemented into ffdshow.

Plz if this is easy to implement.. add a place to insert lines before the framedoubling script in next versions wink

Ok, I can tell the way to add or change anything in the script, it's not a big secret.
But this way is only for geeks from AVSForum, not for users big_smile

Find the file "SVPmgr.ws". It's Pascal-like script that builds avs-file.
Find the line "AddLineToFile(avsfile,'ffdShow_source()');". After this you can add anything to process the source.
For example:

AddLineToFile(avsfile,'toon(0.5)');

You should restart SVP manager to see the changes.

5 (edited by travolter 05-04-2011 20:41:11)

Works!!!! All my needs are filled now smile

Thanks for the help pal! wink Time for deep test now

travolter wrote:

I would also want to test with different MT values

Setting of threads number: Menu - Number of threads (in Advanced or Expert interface)
MT Mode you can change manually only.

MAG79 wrote:
travolter wrote:

I would also want to test with different MT values

Setting of threads number: Menu - Number of threads (in Advanced or Expert interface)
MT Mode you can change manually only.

Got it! wink If you create version for pro users add freedom to use any value. I see 15 but not 16 (probably there is not much difference.. but dont limit us) wink

travolter wrote:

I see 15 but not 16

The history of numbers in threads number setting starts with a lot of tests for script speed and memory use. We found these numbers optimal for certain different CPUs.
15 is optimal, not 16.
But...

You can add any value to any setting (almost any wink) manually by editing configuration file SVPMgr.config
Of course it powerfull way of menu customization is for advanced users only. Change this file carefully at your own risk. wink

got it! thanks! smile

And I've almost forgot wink
You always can open file SVP/AVS/MSmoothFps.avs and add "chroma=false" or something. May be this is simpler than edit .ws-script.