Topic: Updating MPC-HC Ruins SVP Configuration

Hello, I've been trying to figure out why I've been having issues with SVP and MPC-HC. It turns out that installing MPC-HC through SVP works great, but I always updated MPC-HC after the install and then would be unable to find the Avisynth/Vapoursynth filters in the list, and of course SVP no longer works with it after the update (even only replacing the .exe). Would this be considered a SVP problem or an MPC-HC problem? I'd like to be able to update MPC-HC, but at least with this post I can inform other users who have experienced the same issues.

Re: Updating MPC-HC Ruins SVP Configuration

if you're talking about latest MPC-HC 2.1.7 then just don't install it

Ah ok. I will only update through SVP then. Thank you.

fixed in 2.1.7.2

5 (edited by slls 18-03-2024 14:04:39)

Damn. Thank you for this post, I have been trying to figure out for couple of hours why SVP stopped working for me, the configured external filter list in mpc-hc would always disappear on mpc-hc launch and there was only a fraction of the usual filters in the list of available filters to add, AviSynth Filter not being one of them... reverting from 2.1.7 to 2.1.6 worked... I didn't even realize my mpc-hc updated since I have it installed and updates auto managed through chocolatey...
edit: by the way, I had the problem even in the latest 2.1.7.2.

this seems to be fixed in 2.2.0.