1 (edited by Phin 12-05-2012 18:43:46)

Topic: look & sharpness like a cheap TV-show?

Hi there, I (luckily) again read the Wiki-article about motion-interpolation and was happy to find
finally a working solution to watch Blurays with frame-interpolation in 60Hz.

So far it works, though I'm sure there are some settings wich will make the experience more like
I want it:

I once watched Iron-Man at a friends place and he got a Epson TW-3000 projector and he activated
the frameinterpolation-feature. The movie looked like a cheap TV-show recorded with crappy videocams.
But even more interesting: you could also read the computerdisplays and stuff that normally would
move blurry past the camera. Oh and ofcourse I want get rid of the whole cinemalook smile

So, what are the settings to get the same videoexperience with SVP? smile

my PC-config: Intel I5 2600K @ 3,4GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GTX560 Ti OC, Windows7 Ultimate x64

Thanks for now smile

Re: look & sharpness like a cheap TV-show?

Phin
you could try it yourself already instead of asking about "what are the settings" wink
defaults should be a good start

my PC-config
it's more than ok

--------------------
But I don't know about bluray disks, you'd better wait for someone who has BD reader  big_smile
AFAIK most free video players still unable to play full BD (with menus etc) they just playing the largest title. And you can't use SVP with commercial ones like Cyberlink.

I done already, but it's still not the same, I think most users go for smoothness, but I think I want sharpness...
At the moment the effect is centered on people, not on the whole picture, atleast it looks like that...

May be I don't understand what you're looking for. Did you liked "cheap TV-show recorded with crappy videocams" or not?  big_smile

Motion interpolation is like "dynamic sharp" even if each frame is blurred. But you always can sharp each frame with post processing like pixel shaders in MPC-HC for example.

Invert motion blur maybe? Never saw any TV doing that  big_smile

With SVP you got more fluid movement but if the original image have motion blur you won't get the original object (clear and focused). It's because of that that they can film in 24fps, otherwise it would look frame by frame  wink. For CGI they add software motion blur, like in games big_smile But most of the current LCD's adds extra blur so it is too much (IPS 8ms here). But I think it is to complicated to do it real time or even not in real time, it's like some software were you can recover bad photos when you moved when you clicked  cool  In some shots they can do good results but in others it's impossible to recover.

BipBip
Invert motion blur maybe?

It's possible (in theory) but for the good results we need to know shutter speed in each frame. Which is impossible  big_smile

The only thing I can say: the Epson-highclass projectors can do it on the highest effect-setting smile

Chainik wrote:

BipBip
Invert motion blur maybe?

It's possible (in theory) but for the good results we need to know shutter speed in each frame. Which is impossible  big_smile

Alot of new TV's actually do this together with motion interpolation.
What you're looking for is motion blur removal. The tech itself has nothing to do with frame interpolation, though often coupled with it, since removing the motion blur makes the movie appear even less fluent.

Phin
the Epson-highclass projectors can do it
heyer
Alot of new TV's actually do this

I bet it has nothing in common with actual motion detection, it's just like more clever noise removal filter. Yeah, I can read Wiki too  big_smile

Frame interpolation
To ensure crystal clear, smooth viewing of movies
and sports on the big screen, without motion blur,
Epson uses frame interpolation. This ensures
sharper and clearer images even when watching
fast moving scenes.

http://www.epson.de/download.php?file=/ … ures-2.pdf

Page 5

so no, it's motioninterpolation.