Topic: Can't load any Crunchyroll links

Ok. I'm done trying to make this work, i've been on it for 2 hours straight and tried everything i could possibly think of.

I can't get a single link from Crunchyroll to load, in my 100+ tries i've got 3 different errors. I've done my homework searching here for the errors i've encountered and none of them solved my problem.

Here's what i've tried so far:

- user/password + cookies + ua;
- only user/password;
- only cookies + ua;
- only cookies;
- only ua;
- with different browsers;
- with my antivirus turned off;
- with different DNS servers (i use opendns servers atm);

Main browser = Mozilla FF 119.0 64 bits / Other browser tried = Chrome 118.0.5993.118 64bits
My ua atm = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/119.0 (from the website recomended in auth window)
Both SVP and yt-dl are up to date

Example link i've tried to watch and failed = https://www.crunchyroll.com/pt-br/watch … ins-crown-
If the location is important in any way, i'm from Brazil.

Those are the errors i've come across so far:

21:17:32.731 [E]: Tube: [crunchyroll] GR0XN3K4Y: Request blocked by Cloudflare; navigate to Crunchyroll in your browser, then pass the fresh cookies (with --cookies-from-browser or --cookies) and your browser's User-Agent (with --user-agent)
21:17:32.731 [W]: DownloadError(\ERROR: [crunchyroll] GR0XN3K4Y: Request blocked by Cloudflare; navigate to Crunchyroll in your browser, then pass the fresh cookies (with --cookies-from-browser or --cookies) and your browser's User-Agent (with --user-agent)\)
21:17:48.849 [E]: Tube: [crunchyroll] GR0XN3K4Y: Login failed. Server message: Bad captcha. Please resubmit.
21:17:48.849 [W]: DownloadError('ERROR: [crunchyroll] GR0XN3K4Y: Login failed. Server message: Bad captcha. Please resubmit.')
21:18:15.125 [E]: Tube: [crunchyroll] GR0XN3K4Y: Request blocked by Cloudflare; navigate to Crunchyroll in your browser, then pass the fresh cookies (with --cookies-from-browser or --cookies) and your browser's User-Agent (with --user-agent)
21:18:15.125 [W]: DownloadError(\ERROR: [crunchyroll] GR0XN3K4Y: Request blocked by Cloudflare; navigate to Crunchyroll in your browser, then pass the fresh cookies (with --cookies-from-browser or --cookies) and your browser's User-Agent (with --user-agent)\)
21:22:23.217 [E]: Tube: [crunchyroll] GR0XN3K4Y: Request blocked by Cloudflare; navigate to Crunchyroll in your browser, then pass the fresh cookies (with --cookies-from-browser or --cookies) and your browser's User-Agent (with --user-agent)
21:22:23.217 [W]: DownloadError(\ERROR: [crunchyroll] GR0XN3K4Y: Request blocked by Cloudflare; navigate to Crunchyroll in your browser, then pass the fresh cookies (with --cookies-from-browser or --cookies) and your browser's User-Agent (with --user-agent)\)
21:22:53.762 [E]: Tube: [crunchyroll] GR0XN3K4Y: Login failed. Server message: Bad captcha. Please resubmit.
21:22:53.762 [W]: DownloadError('ERROR: [crunchyroll] GR0XN3K4Y: Login failed. Server message: Bad captcha. Please resubmit.')
21:23:07.657 [E]: Tube: [crunchyroll] GR0XN3K4Y: Unable to download JSON metadata: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request (caused by <HTTPError 400: Bad Request>); please report this issue on  https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/issues?q= , filling out the appropriate issue template. Confirm you are on the latest version using  yt-dlp -U
21:23:07.657 [W]: DownloadError('ERROR: [crunchyroll] GR0XN3K4Y: Unable to download JSON metadata: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request (caused by <HTTPError 400: Bad Request>); please report this issue on  https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/issues?q= , filling out the appropriate issue template. Confirm you are on the latest version using  yt-dlp -U')

I really don't know what to do and i've been struggling badly for months to make this work with Crunchyroll, which is the main and only reason i've bought it.

I'm done leaving it alone until next update to see if it's gonna work or not.

Can anyone help me, please?

Re: Can't load any Crunchyroll links

Crunchyroll was always fighting against downloaders like youtube-dl... it's perfectly normal that they broke something and youtube-dl have to catch up again. There's an unresolved issue in the bug tracker: https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/issues/7442

Re: Can't load any Crunchyroll links

So, i'm still stuck with this problem, the previously mentioned issue is now closed (fixed) in stable ytdl, i don't know how to manually update it, should i just wait for SVP to update it?