Topic: Poor performance since latest update

Good day was just wondering if something changed with the latest update? SVP4 ran great before and ever since I did the most recent update I have been having nothing but issues with it. Constant judder that wasn't there before and no options seem to be fixing it. Kind of at my wits end with it and not entirely sure what I should even do at this point.. Has anyone experienced this or have any idea on how to fix it? Really have run out of ideas of things to try I've even done a fresh install of all the components and it didn't do anything. It ran perfectly fine for me before so this has been a bummer to run into. Hoping someone here can shed some light on what's going on thanks in advance.

Re: Poor performance since latest update

I strong this. I also had a massive decrease in performance with RIFE AI, not only that but I couldn't play any x265 videos after the update (with and without SVP being opened).
Before the update, It took me about 30-45 minutes and 60 maximum to render an episode of 20 minutes with RIFE AI. After the update, it takes 1.5-2 hours, which is insane compared to what it was before... I could render 15-20 episodes during my work, and save time. Now I can render maybe 5-7 at best. I also needed to reinstall my codecs, because SVP for some reason made x265 not playable at all.
It has never happened to me before with SVP. I've been using it for a couple of years. I reinstalled SVP in hopes of improving it, but it just made everything slightly worse.
Another thing is that my graphic card now is hot compared to what it was before. Now it goes up to 70 Celsius, but before the update, it was like 50-55 and sometimes 60 at maximum. They released a new driver a day or two after all this mess happened to me, so installing a new driver didn't solve anything.
Also, I almost forgot, that after the update SVPtube 2 completely stopped working, and I can't download any YouTube videos. I could download whatever I wanted before the update, and reinstalling didn't fix the issue.

dkone
It's a very sad story, especially considering that _nothing_ changed in RIFE "is the last update". In fact, since January.
Also SVP doesn't do _anything_ with any codecs, not x256, not any other one.

Gild88
There're absolutely no details in your post... we aren't fortune tellers here.

I use Rife almost 100% of the time but I don't think SVP itself has changed much in the last few years. If you are using Rife 4.4 or 4.6 then there should be no issues since both are working fine for most of us. If you are trying to use 4.7/4.8 then many will have problems because they are a lot harder on GPUs.

5 (edited by dkone 28-10-2023 11:04:56)

Chainik wrote:

dkone
It's a very sad story, especially considering that _nothing_ changed in RIFE "is the last update". In fact, since January.
Also SVP doesn't do _anything_ with any codecs, not x256, not any other one.

Gild88
There're absolutely no details in your post... we aren't fortune tellers here.

Hi, thank you for the reply. I managed to fix some of the issues. I forgot that I have used the beta in SVP of the RIFE 4.6, which works better for me; I installed it a long time ago so I forgot it existed because everything worked really well. Now it works fine, I also downloaded 4.8, and it works even better for me.

However the issue with x265 happened after the SVP update, I'm pretty sure because it happened twice. The first time a long time ago when I only started using SVP, I was using MPC-HC which SVP also provides. After I installed it via SVP (because at the time I didn't render episodes and watch it live with SVP on), x265 stopped working. I just gave up, and watched x264 instead, because I really liked SVP and I didn't have a lot of x265 videos anyway. One day I opened an x265 video by mistake, and it played, so the issue was probably fixed by something.

The second time it happened after the recent update. I watched an episode in x265. after that, I wanted to render a new one and saw there was an update of SVP. I updated it and rendered the episode. After I opened the episode it just didn't work. This time I couldn't afford to lose access to x265, because I rendered already like 15 episodes and I didn't want to render it again in x264. I tried to reinstall MPC-HC manually, but it didn't help. Only after I reinstalled all my codecs with K-lite codecs it started to work again, so I have no idea what part SVP corrupted but it did. I did not install any GPU updates before the SVP update or any Windows updates. The only program that got updated that hour and day is SVP.

It now works the same as before, so I'm happy. The only thing that still does not work is SVPtube 2; it broke after the update and reinstalling SVP didn't help. - [edit] For some reason SVPtube 2 works again (I did nothing, I just tried again to download and it worked this time). Well, so all my issues are fixed.

I second OP, I'm getting crashes when seeking in videos, sometimes switching from normal cpu + gpu interpolation (the OG way) to Rife or NVOF the media player crashes.
Also performance is worse than before. Just overall very finnicky.