1 (edited by chrisssj2 06-10-2023 11:20:31)

Topic: Rife AI+tensorRT doesn't work at all for me

Each time i turn from automatic to rife AI the video that plays hangs eventhough the sound is still playing... and nothing happens.
Any fix? with vapoursynth as my filter preferred. Using latest MPC-HC. Source file is 4k HDR file.

I own a RTX 4090 with the Neog9 57 inch (7680x2160p)

"TensorRT: optimization pass gives an error. Most likely you don't have enough RAM on the video cards. <=1440p needs 6-8 GB of RAM, 4K wants at least 10 GB. Lower memory requirements by:
choosing AI model 4.4 instead of 4.6
turning on "Performance boost""

Re: Rife AI+tensorRT doesn't work at all for me

"nothing happens" for how long exactly?

Chainik wrote:

"nothing happens" for how long exactly?

A looong time. like 10 or 15 min idk. and then it shuts down with an error in the OSD of MPC-HC. https://prnt.sc/5JV4K3GENkKQ

I am trying now with 3 gpu threads on ai model 4.6 with performance boost on and GPU acceleration on "use nvidia optical flow".
And using the x3 to aim for 72 fps.

I tried some more and it "Seems" to work now? though i don't see a CMD window.
Whenever I see a "CMD window" then it won't work... with messages with out of video memory.. (whenever I had this message i also tried 4.4 a.i model and it still did the same and resulted in "CMD window" with out of video memory)

Is there any button hotkey to show the FPS for SVP on the MPC-HC OSD overlay?

don't touch "gpu threads", two is fine

> Whenever I see a "CMD window" then it won't work... with messages with out of video memory..

what is the video size?

5 (edited by chrisssj2 06-10-2023 21:40:37)

as in Gigabytes? 20 gb. but i tried a 4 GB, 4K HDR file of a serie and it also wouldn't load it it with rife AI.
GPU 2 or 3 doesn't seem to matter for the result.

just tried 4k with 4070ti - w/o "perf. boost" it took ~8 mins and used up to 11 GB of GPU RAM, but finished w/o errors and everything is working now.

Chainik wrote:

just tried 4k with 4070ti - w/o "perf. boost" it took ~8 mins and used up to 11 GB of GPU RAM, but finished w/o errors and everything is working now.

That's great! But where to look for my issue then? i have backgrounds closed mostly (sometimes chrome but shouldnt matter).
half of my GPU ram is being ussed approx 10 to 12 GB GPU RAM... so with half left.. how is it giving out of memory errors?

No idea.
At least show the full output from the console window...

Chainik wrote:

No idea.

Where would that be 9 out of 10 times it either causes MPC-HC to dissappear when i activate rife A.I or it shows "MPC-HC has stopped working"

This seems to happen only with 4k hdr video files.

chrisssj2 wrote:
Chainik wrote:

No idea.

Where would that be 9 out of 10 times it either causes MPC-HC to dissappear when i activate rife A.I or it shows "MPC-HC has stopped working"

This seems to happen only with 4k hdr video files.

Hello, I have a similar if not the same problem, mine started after the last update I received in maintenance svp. posted in the "New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!"

There is no response or thoughts from anyone. I share any data needed to fix this problem.

> I have a similar if not the same problem

nothing similar at all

Chainik wrote:

dunno, there're no errors in that log... does it work for 1080p?
maybe it's similar to https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7033
all we can do is update vsmlrt, may be there's some known and fixed issue with 4090 / latest drivers /etc...

Please update vsmlrt maybe fix all my problems

Drakko01 wrote:
Chainik wrote:

dunno, there're no errors in that log... does it work for 1080p?
maybe it's similar to https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7033
all we can do is update vsmlrt, may be there's some known and fixed issue with 4090 / latest drivers /etc...

Please update vsmlrt maybe fix all my problems

What is vsmlrt? Where you update?

I don't believe this can change anything, but you can unpack attached zip into SVP 4\rife (should replace vstrt.dll, vsmlrt.py and vsmlrt-cuda/trtexec.exe)

Post's attachments

vsmlrt-upd.zip 643.3 kb, 73 downloads since 2023-10-13 

so? hmm