Topic: A question about performance with Vega64 + SVP4

I love SVP4, I use it all the time on my main computer in my bedroom to watch youtube and videos and movies at 144 FPS for my 1080p/144 monitor with my RTX 3070 Ti and it's glorious.

I'm trying to build a proper HTPC in the living room though to use another computer and I have a question about performance. A buddy offered me his used AMD Radeon Vega64 recently and I was considering it for my HTPC build. I would like to upscale 4K + HDR to 60 FPS. Would the Vega64 be able to do this with SVP4? My HTPC is using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit by the way.

Re: A question about performance with Vega64 + SVP4

Synthetic tests shows RTX 3070 Ti is faster than RX Vega 64 by 50%
https://technical.city/en/video/Radeon- … TX-3070-Ti

You can check it yourself.
Why you asking?

3 (edited by Kithylin 06-08-2023 13:20:15)

MAG79 wrote:

Synthetic tests shows RTX 3070 Ti is faster than RX Vega 64 by 50%
https://technical.city/en/video/Radeon- … TX-3070-Ti

You can check it yourself.
Why you asking?

I was not asking if the Vega64 is faster than the 3070 Ti at all. That isn't even remotely related to my question at all. I specifically asked if The Vega64 is supported in SVP4 and is able to handle 4K @ 60 FPS + HDR with SVP4. That's why I'm asking here, in the SVP4 forums. And I'm asking because that is the only thing I want the card for. If it can't do it with SVP4 then I won't buy it from my friend. I would like to know if it would work before I buy it.

All I want to know is about SVP4 performance with Vega64. That's all.

I see. I have not vega 64. I can't check it.

> "A buddy offered me his used AMD Radeon Vega64"
I thought you can take this card from your buddy and check it yourself.
It will be the best way becuase you will check with your SVP settings and with your PC configuration.

MAG79 wrote:

I see. I have not vega 64. I can't check it.

> "A buddy offered me his used AMD Radeon Vega64"
I thought you can take this card from your buddy and check it yourself.
It will be the best way becuase you will check with your SVP settings and with your PC configuration.

The Vega64 series of cards were common and popular. I was kind of hoping someone here in the SVP4 community would have tried SVP4 on them and could answer my questions.. ah well. I may have to get it and experiment with it myself then.