Topic: Video lags while charging + disable override.js?

Hi guys! Been using SVP for a while and it's excellent but ran into a weird problem with my laptop. SVP works fine with advanced options and override.js modifications while I'm on battery, but as soon as I plug the charger in, the video starts lagging with manual options.

The lag goes away if I switch to the Automatic profile and remove the override.js modifications.

So, i was wondering what is causing this lag only while charging, and if there is any way to fix it. Also, I was wondering if there is an option in the SVP GUI to disable override.js temporarily so I don't need to manually go and edit the file everytime my charger is connected or disconnected.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Video lags while charging + disable override.js?

this sounds strange
is it possible you have somehow misconfigured power options and the plugged-in performance is lower than on battery?

No, I haven't touched any power settings, but I read an article online that says that overall system temperature increases while it's plugged in, which decreases the performance, and I think that's what's happening here. The manual settings probably require more computing power than my PC can handle.

I guess I'll have to stick to the automatic profile then.

at least you can set different settings in another video profile using "Is on battery" profile condition

Thanks for the reply, but I've already tried that. I tried setting a higher motion vectors grid, which should mean worse video quality but better performance but same result.

I have also tried different shaders but same result. Could you tell me which settings affect the performance most? I'll try to tweak those and check.

Sooo, I just installed an ultralite version of windows and svp seems to be working more smoothly and the issue is fixed too. Here's hoping that it doesn't come back.