1 (edited by varenfiz 06-02-2023 19:18:47)

Topic: SVP on Mac: constant 2-3% idle CPU usage when everything is disabled

I love SVP! But 99% of the time I want to use it manually from vapoursynth scripts. In general, I don't want any of its features.  I really only need the libsvpflow dylibs for this to work, but I need to keep the SVP Daemon running all the time to pass the license checks.

Sadly though, when the SVP Daemon is running it constantly uses about 2-3% of my CPU on idle.  This is with "Temporarily Disable SVP" checked and _ALL_ of the "Extensions" unchecked.

I instrumented the SVPManager process to try and figure out what it's doing and it seems to look for `/tmp/mpvsocket` and `/tmp/iinasocket` sockets 2 times a second each. It looks for them both in `/tmp` and in `private/var/folders/q_/rqq4g9gx6kx98j31nj_7qh3c0000gp/T/...`. I'm assuming this is the cause of the idle CPU usage though I don't know.

Attached is my SVP log file and a 10 seconds sample from the macOS fs_usage util showing SVPManager's activity.

Is it a bug that with all extensions disabled and "Temporarily Disable SVP" checked it still constantly looks for these sockets? Is there any other way to prevent the background CPU idle usage by SVP?

Thanks!

Post's attachments

fs_usage_SVPManager2.txt 154.04 kb, 72 downloads since 2023-02-06 

svp_active.log 3.03 kb, 71 downloads since 2023-02-06 

Re: SVP on Mac: constant 2-3% idle CPU usage when everything is disabled

small bump.

Any ideas? :-)

Re: SVP on Mac: constant 2-3% idle CPU usage when everything is disabled

you can remove those sockets from the "All settings" - see main.setup.mpv key

anyway, you won't see "0,0" in the Activity Monitor