1 (edited by almond 28-01-2023 02:51:01)

Topic: SVP crashes when viewing images in mpv

SVP frequently crashes when viewing images in mpv on Windows 11. To reproduce the error, play a directory containing images with mpv. When pressing the next button, SVP can crash (it may take a few images).

My event log before the crash:

19:21:53.453 [i]: VideoPlayer: mpv [mpv.exe] connected, waiting for the video info...
19:21:53.948 [i]: VideoPlayer: mpv 0.35.0-129-g92a6f2d687 /via 'mpvSockets/9644'
19:21:59.019 [W]: VideoPlayer: media file doesn't look like video, ignoring...

I've sidestepped the issue by writing a lua script to close the mpv socket when an image is detected in mpv, and then reopen the socket when a video is loaded. It'd be nice if SVP didn't crash though.

Re: SVP crashes when viewing images in mpv

Thank you for information. I think it happen because of images are not a video. And SVP makes wrong actions with mpv.
What if exit SVP or disable it: SVP menu Temporarily disable SVP?

Can you paste here details about mpv error from Windows Events log?

mpv doesn't actually crash. It's just SVP that crashes (any SVP menu and the SVP taskbar icon disappears). According to the log above, SVP does detect that the media file isn't a video, and that it should ignore it. But when I press the next icon in mpv to load the next item in the playlist, SVP ends up crashing pretty often (sometimes it takes a few items before it crashes). Since mpv doesn't actually crash, I don't think there is an mpv error log.

Temporarily disabling SVP prevents the crash, but it's pretty inconvenient to manually disable it for images, and then manually enable it for videos. I wrote a lua script to have mpv disable the socket when loading an image, and then enable the socket when loading videos. This way, SVP closes the playback and doesn't attempt to load the image. It works pretty well, so I'm fine with this solution. I just thought it would be a good idea to inform the SVP team of the issue, though.

Oh! I see. Thank you for detailed bug report.
It is SVP issue. We will fix it.