Topic: [FIXED] MPC-HC Appcrash on seek (svpflow2.dll)

Solution: install SVP "pre-3.1.2" patch from Downloads page
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive  grown accustomed to the fact SVP crashes alot when seeking, but im curious to  know everyone else has this aswell? Ive tried all settings, but when im watching something that needs alot of seeking, it keeps crashing 50% of the time on a seek. The error is in  svpflow2.dll. Anyone got a solution?

Re: [FIXED] MPC-HC Appcrash on seek (svpflow2.dll)

There's a chance that it'll be better with the latest SVPflow libs (today's build 1.0.3) but they need some adjustment in scripting code.

You could test it wink
- unpack DLLs from there to SVP_install_dir/Plugins
- replace SVPMgr.wsf with attached one

... or just wait for SVP 3.1.2 update

See the first message!

Thanks! Hasnt crashed yet with this update smile. Tried some fast seeks, very nice!

... or just wait for SVP 3.1.2 update big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

Jimmy03
What is so funny to you?! hmm

6 (edited by Jimmy03 17-04-2012 09:25:29)

You misunderstanding me men!!!

I mean that i can't wait for the new version, that's the reason of the happiness!!!

Chainik thanks for the update, i use potplayer and it does not crash on seek anymore since v3.1.1, i dont know if i need this but i installed anyway smile. Its working good, i try to seek and its ok no crash for my side.

Greetings.

Maken1
i dont know if i need this

Yes you do big_smile  The second fixed bug is about motion vectors accuracy => picture quality.

9 (edited by FDisk 18-04-2012 20:37:54)

After updating those dll's the framerate is stuck at 48fps even when 60fps is selected.

Edit: nm, I'm an idiot. forgot to also replace the SVPMgr.wsf
Now it's good.  smile

http://i.imgur.com/6HBXc.jpg

Maken1 wrote:

Chainik thanks for the update, i use potplayer and it does not crash on seek anymore since v3.1.1, i dont know if i need this but i installed anyway :). Its working good, i try to seek and its ok no crash for my side.

Greetings.

It is great effort to have an update in relatively short time.   I have installed that yesterday, but SVP still crashes every 10 minutes.  When it crashes, my screen stopped, PC freeze and the sound is jittering like hell (just crappy sound).  I am wondering if it is related to the Reclock filter.

I am have a PC with i7 2600 running at 4GHZ and a nvidia GT560 1G RAM. SVP index is aroound 1.0

I am hoping if anyone can shed some light on where should I look into for fixing this problem.

t469478
- every 10 minutes
- screen stopped, PC freeze and the sound is jittering like hell

It sounds like overclocking / overheating wink SVP can be a real burner for both CPU and GPU, for example my HP's laptop (i5-2430m + AMD 6450) just can't pass SVPmark tests.

Chainik wrote:

t469478
- every 10 minutes
- screen stopped, PC freeze and the sound is jittering like hell

It sounds like overclocking / overheating wink SVP can be a real burner for both CPU and GPU, for example my HP's laptop (i5-2430m + AMD 6450) just can't pass SVPmark tests.

Chainik,

Thanks for the suggestion and I stopped the overclock, MPC-hc work without crash, great.

Now, I tried to play blue ray index.bdmv file, MPC-HC paused.   is there a setting that I should have conifgured to play bmdv and mpls files?