1 (edited by Marcurios 23-03-2022 18:42:05)

Topic: Transcoding not working anymore after update

Tried with all different settings, it all fails, no transcoding possible.
Files play fine with double fps rate though in mpc-hc media player.

Filed bug report, suggested was this;
"It looks like you have already this file on your disk and it opened in some application. Or you don't have save permission to folder G:/FILMS van MA/3 - It's MY LIFE _ klaar tot deel 30
Also, check free space on your disk."

But, the file is not already present, cause it is the temporary file that SVP makes to work with, so if it where present, and already open, than it would be a mistake of the SVP software that it has it's own temp created file open.
That would be a programming error if that where the case.
Send thing that was suggested was that i would not have save permission, i do have save permission, but to be sure i set the full permission flag on the directory for everyone user in Windows.
And than it still doesn't work.
third thing that was suggested was free space on disk, the free space on that disk is 500GB, so that's not it either.
After i replied to that mail i no longer get replies to what i just explained, and repeated here.

So i guess it's time to try my luck on the forum, maybe somebody here can help me.

Logfile from the latest transcode attempt;
19:17:06.648: ===== Starting mpv ======
19:17:06.648: Command line: C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64\mpv.exe G:/FILMS van MA/It's My Life VIDEO'S/2 - It's My Life - Bruiloft - 1963.mp4 --o=G:/FILMS van MA/It's My Life VIDEO'S/2 - It's My Life - Bruiloft - 1963.SVP.temporary.mkv --no-audio --no-sub --no-sub-auto --input-ipc-server=mpvencodepipe --input-media-keys=no --no-msg-color --vf=vapoursynth:[C:\Users\Marcus\AppData\Roaming\SVP4\scripts\ffff.py]:4:16 --of=matroska --ovc=libx264 --ovcopts=threads=16
19:17:06.708: (+) Video --vid=1 (*) (h264 1920x1080 25.000fps)
19:17:06.708: Audio --aid=1 --alang=eng (*) (aac 2ch 48000Hz)
19:17:07.061: VO: [lavc] 1920x1080 yuv420p
19:17:07.061: [vo/lavc] Opening encoder: libx264 H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10 [libx264]
19:17:07.061: [ffmpeg] libx264: MB rate (195840000) > level limit (16711680)
19:17:07.070: [encode] Opening output file: G:/FILMS van MA/It's My Life VIDEO'S/2 - It's My Life - Bruiloft - 1963.SVP.temporary.mkv
19:17:08.724: [encode] could not open 'G:/FILMS van MA/It's My Life VIDEO'S/2 - It's My Life - Bruiloft - 1963.SVP.temporary.mkv'
19:17:08.792: Exiting... (Interrupted by error)
19:17:08.862: (!!!) Intermediate file may be broken: G:\FILMS van MA\It's My Life VIDEO'S\2 - It's My Life - Bruiloft - 1963.SVP.temporary.mkv
19:17:08.862: ===== mpv exited with code 2 =====

EDIT:

OK, right after i posted the problem i had a hunch that it might be the path/filename that could cause problems, so i changed the name of the file to a single word and placed it on the root of my drive, and now transcoding works.
So there is a problem with characters/spaces/special characters or something like that in SVP's coding, i suspect it is the ' that's causing problems in the programs scripting.
Time to fix those character bugs developers !

Re: Transcoding not working anymore after update

the error comes from mpv, not SVP...
besides I can't even reproduce this:

22:25:51.181: [encode] Opening output file: F:/FILMS van MA/It's My Life VIDEO'S/2 - It's My Life - Bruiloft - 1963.SVP.temporary.mkv
22:25:51.181: [encode] Opening muxer: Matroska [matroska]

You should be able to reproduce it if you have special chars in your filename/foldernames like spaces and ' for example.
Cause that was the problem. like i said in the edit of my first post.

Time to fix that bug in the code, probably best to use a normal chars only for the temp name of the file that SVP uses to render the file.
It would be easy from a scripting point of view to first store the original filename in a string var, and than rename the file to temp.SVP.temporary.mp4 to work with it,
And rename the resultfile back to originalfilename.SVP.mp4
That would fix this problem rightaway.

Marcurios wrote:

You should be able to reproduce it if you have special chars in your filename/foldernames like spaces and ' for example.
Cause that was the problem. like i said in the edit of my first post.

Time to fix that bug in the code, probably best to use a normal chars only for the temp name of the file that SVP uses to render the file.
It would be easy from a scripting point of view to first store the original filename in a string var, and than rename the file to temp.SVP.temporary.mp4 to work with it,
And rename the resultfile back to originalfilename.SVP.mp4
That would fix this problem rightaway.

Thanks! I will work on it.