1 (edited by Ormy 16-03-2022 20:22:47)

Topic: SVPTube 2 very minor issue/question

Background: Using SVP4 Pro + MPC-HC + MadVR for many years, most content is 1080p and below, 24 or 30 fps upscaled and interpolated to 4K120.  Only recently started using SVPTube. I'm loving the 'monitor clipboard' feature and sleek manual format/res selection.

When I hit 'play' in the SVPTube video formats popup, MPC-HC is launched and the video plays fine, except the SVP logo and the selected profile that overlay on the video for a few seconds sometimes show up in greyscale rather than colour.  Why is this? Everything seems to be working normally, video and audio both fine, SVP seems to be working fine.  If I close MPC-HC, open it again and hit play (I have 'remember last playlist' and 'remember file position' enabled in MPC-HC) the logo/profile overlay usually shows up in colour as normal, and the video and audio play just fine.  It just bothers me that the logo overlay is in greyscale, like it's trying to indicate something is wrong.  What's going on here?

Re: SVPTube 2 very minor issue/question

Grey color of SVP OSD is normal. It is sign of HDR videos

Re: SVPTube 2 very minor issue/question

Ah OK thanks for clarifying.  I don't usually view HDR content so I've never seen it before.  The fact that it comes up grey sometimes and sometimes not on the exact same video suggests to me that HDR is being misidentified (false positive) but if SVP is working as it normally would I don't really care.  Thanks again and keep up the good work.