1,576

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

> I would appreciate an explanation

use a scene change detection from "generic SVP" with RFIE

1,577

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

I would appreciate an explanation

Close player. Replace 3 files. Select 6 or 8% and test

1,578

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

Magly wrote:

I'm having some problems with RIFE, with certain files it seems like the interpolated frames isn't displayed and the video just looks like duplicated 24 fps outputted at 48fps.

This only happens with some files while most work as they should and look smooth.

The weird thing is that everything seems like it's working as it should, like the svp enabled rife ai engine text at the bottom of the screen when starting playback, display switches to 48hz, gpu gets loaded in msi afterburner and madvr reporting that the source is 48fps, but it still looks like regular 24fps playback?

If I switch svp profile to something without rife, like the default automatic profile for example, then interpolation works and displays smoothly although with a lot of artefacts

I also tried to run an optimization pass on one of the files that's not working properly and the command window stayed blank until it finished while normally there's a lot of text during optimization?

Any ideas what could cause this issue?

It only happens with the TensorRT engine of Rife, the ncnn/Vulcan version works fine but my gpu can't handle it (RTX 3080)

It happens with full movie UHD Bluray mkv rips of several of the Fast & Furious and Transformers movies and some others.

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

Magly wrote:

It happens with full movie UHD Bluray mkv rips of several of the Fast & Furious and Transformers movies and some others.

Give a link where other guys can download such an example to compare if they see anything unusual.

1,580

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

Here's a short clip from the movie Bumblebee

It's only TensorRT that doesn't work, ncnn/Vulcan and other svp interpolation works just fine

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1haNxsr … sp=sharing

1,581 (edited by Xenocyde 20-05-2024 19:13:25)

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

Magly wrote:

It only happens with the TensorRT engine of Rife, the ncnn/Vulcan version works fine but my gpu can't handle it (RTX 3080)

It happens with full movie UHD Bluray mkv rips of several of the Fast & Furious and Transformers movies and some others.

I have an RTX 4080 and full 4K movies cannot run at 48fps+ smoothly, not even on RTX 4090 afaik. If they have HDR data, even worse. I only have a 1080p screen, but I've seen people here recommending to downscale the resolution to 1440p or something similar. Tried your clip and it seems to be running at less than 24 fps (maybe 12 fps) on my RTX 4080 when enabling RIFE (TRT or Vulkan, doesn't matetr). The video gets stretched to twice the normal duration for some reason, and the sound stops in the middle of the video. Not sure what's going on with your optimization window though. Mine ran fine, saved the profile in ~40 seconds.

1,582

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

I downscale everything to 1080p so performance shouldn't be an issue, just this clip and the other movies I mentioned doesn't look like they get any interpolation visually, while everything else in 4k hdr works just fine

1,583

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

Magly wrote:

I downscale everything to 1080p so performance shouldn't be an issue, just this clip and the other movies I mentioned doesn't look like they get any interpolation visually, while everything else in 4k hdr works just fine

Maybe it's a source encoder problem. Have you tried those movies from different sources?

1,584

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

I'd say this's because of embedded DolbyVision data.
Not sure how _normal_ for DolbyVision is changing meta-data in _every_ frame, but this's what happens in this sample.

1,585

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

Is it possible to remove that? I don't need dolby vision.

Why would this only be an issue with TensorRT while everything else works as normal?

1,586

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

> Why would this only be an issue with TensorRT while everything else works as normal?

not exactly... "normal" SVP works with 1st/2nd SVP shader on this file regarding of the profile settings

> Is it possible to remove that?

attached SVP 4\rife\helpers.py
will blink with pure DolbyVision video

Post's attachments

helpers.py 1.96 kb, 36 downloads since 2024-05-21 

1,587

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

Nice, thank you so much, replaced that file and now everything works perfectly:)

1,588 (edited by Xenocyde 24-05-2024 16:46:17)

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

RIFE 4.17 is out with no lite version. Testing now.

L.E.: Not sure what this new version is supposed to improve... I'm getting quite a bit more fast movement artifacts compared to 4.15 and 4.16.

1,589

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

Xenocyde wrote:

RIFE 4.17 is out with no lite version. Testing now.

L.E.: Not sure what this new version is supposed to improve... I'm getting quite a bit more more fast movement artifacts compared to 4.15 and 4.16.

4.17 - 2024.05.24 | Google Drive | 百度网盘 : Add gram loss from FILM, need to fully assess the impact.

1,590

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

oriento wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:

RIFE 4.17 is out with no lite version. Testing now.

L.E.: Not sure what this new version is supposed to improve... I'm getting quite a bit more more fast movement artifacts compared to 4.15 and 4.16.

4.17 - 2024.05.24 | Google Drive | 百度网盘 : Add gram loss from FILM, need to fully assess the impact.

No idea what this means hmm

1,591 (edited by Moneytheman 24-05-2024 17:21:02)

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

Does anybody know why upscaling the fps from 25/30 to 60 fps gives transitions to other scenes fast forward like results,also i notice this in certain movements with how a person moves would these problems be fixed with more updates to rife,I notice this while watching Sabrina 90s show and other shows I tried

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

Xenocyde wrote:

RIFE 4.17 is out with no lite version. Testing now.

L.E.: Not sure what this new version is supposed to improve... I'm getting quite a bit more fast movement artifacts compared to 4.15 and 4.16.

The author says that he is not sure it will improve anything. I tried it first thing and found zero improvements. YMMV.

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

oriento wrote:

4.17 - 2024.05.24 | Google Drive | 百度网盘 : Add gram loss from FILM, need to fully assess the impact.

Gram loss is a type of loss function used in style transfer tasks to capture and preserve the texture and style of an image.
In the context of neural networks and machine learning, FILM stands for Frame Interpolation for Large Motion. It refers to a specific model or algorithm designed to perform frame interpolation, which is the process of generating intermediate frames between existing ones to create smooth transitions, typically in video sequences.
So i think it improves this type of scenarios where the character is hidden temporarily behind an object:
https://github.com/hzwer/Practical-RIFE/pull/23

1,594 (edited by dawkinscm 25-05-2024 08:59:39)

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

flowreen91 wrote:
oriento wrote:

4.17 - 2024.05.24 | Google Drive | 百度网盘 : Add gram loss from FILM, need to fully assess the impact.

Gram loss is a type of loss function used in style transfer tasks to capture and preserve the texture and style of an image.
In the context of neural networks and machine learning, FILM stands for Frame Interpolation for Large Motion. It refers to a specific model or algorithm designed to perform frame interpolation, which is the process of generating intermediate frames between existing ones to create smooth transitions, typically in video sequences.
So i think it improves this type of scenarios where the character is hidden temporarily behind an object:
https://github.com/hzwer/Practical-RIFE/pull/23

I have scenes to test this and if v4.17 was an improvement it wasn't very noticeable. But they are still concentrating on Anime so maybe it works better for that.

1,595

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

dawkinscm wrote:
flowreen91 wrote:
oriento wrote:

4.17 - 2024.05.24 | Google Drive | 百度网盘 : Add gram loss from FILM, need to fully assess the impact.

Gram loss is a type of loss function used in style transfer tasks to capture and preserve the texture and style of an image.
In the context of neural networks and machine learning, FILM stands for Frame Interpolation for Large Motion. It refers to a specific model or algorithm designed to perform frame interpolation, which is the process of generating intermediate frames between existing ones to create smooth transitions, typically in video sequences.
So i think it improves this type of scenarios where the character is hidden temporarily behind an object:
https://github.com/hzwer/Practical-RIFE/pull/23

I have scenes to test this and if v4.17 was an improvement it wasn't very noticeable. But they are still concentrating on Anime so maybe it works better for that.

It might help with overlaid text like in OPs and EDs.

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

What is the best svp4 settings. i have rife 4.17 atm. and using 3X? what is best? want ultra smooth.

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

surmast14 wrote:

want ultra smooth.

You can find some helpful settings here:
https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopi … 352#p83352

1,598

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

Can anyone teach me how to upgrade TensorRT version to 9.2 (i heard this version works best with RIFE 4.15). I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this, there's literally zero instruction online.
Much thanks!!!

1,599 (edited by flowreen91 09-06-2024 12:05:52)

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

Hottea wrote:

(i heard this version works best with RIFE 4.15)

Please share where you found this information.

It's easy, to upgrade to the TensorRT version 9.2 from here:
https://github.com/AmusementClub/vs-mlr … /v14.test3
you just have to download this big archive:
https://github.com/AmusementClub/vs-mlr … 4.test3.7z
and then copy pasta these files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\rife\"
https://gyazo.com/53e859fd5306eb8ce5f896bd87b22bd8

1,600

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

flowreen91 wrote:
Hottea wrote:

(i heard this version works best with RIFE 4.15)

Please share where you found this information.

It's easy, to upgrade to the TensorRT version 9.2 from here:
https://github.com/AmusementClub/vs-mlr … /v14.test3
you just have to download this big archive:
https://github.com/AmusementClub/vs-mlr … 4.test3.7z
and then copy pasta these files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\rife\"
https://gyazo.com/53e859fd5306eb8ce5f896bd87b22bd8

It works smile)), can't believe it's so simple, thanks for the quick reply.
I find that RIFE 4.15/4.15 lite work the best out of all the models i tried. Someone from this thread post that Tensor RT 9.2(with Rife 4.15) is smoother for quick movement so i want to try it out.
I'm only using SVP for less than 1 month but now i 'm addicted to the so-called "soap effect" that i can't watch anything 24/30fps anymore lol.