826 (edited by dawkinscm 07-06-2023 12:15:51)

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

Drakko01 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

[
It's a very minor change which you can see if you search for ensemble in the wrapper code. If this doesn't make sense then unless you have a 3090ti or above just leave it for now.

Is it difficult to explain how to do it? I would like to try it out and see the difference good or bad for myself and learn something new in the process. Is there any documentation on the forum how to do it? I find users saying they have used it, one asking to implement an on/off mode in svp, but no guide on how to do it.
Hence my initial question.

I did tell you. I've never coded in Python but I have written code so it was easy to work out. All I did was do a search for ensemble in vlsmrt.py. The rest is easy.

RTX4090 1080P x5
Very smooth when using V2
But when I use V1, sometimes there will be a stuttering
Now I use V2 when watching 1080P, and need to switch back to V1 when watching 4K
This is inconvenient, hopefully V3 will fix these issues

Recently "upgraded" my HTPC to 2060S ($190 new). Works pretty well with 2k content x2 fps. Using V2 since its below 4K

829 (edited by crustcate 17-11-2023 10:14:20)

I hope that a solution can be found. It is the real-time interpolation that I care most about. Of course it could be tomorrow, the day after tomorrow next week, whenever you have some time to find the cause.

plus whatsapp

project free tv

crustcate wrote:

I hope that a solution can be found. It is the real-time interpolation that I care most about. Of course it could be tomorrow, the day after tomorrow next week, whenever you have some time to find the cause.

Solution to... what? It works pretty nicely, the V2 just doesn't work well at 4k but V1 is fine.

Fortune424 wrote:
crustcate wrote:

Solution to... what? It works pretty nicely, the V2 just doesn't work well at 4k but V1 is fine.

I remember saying I had no issues at 1080p with v2 and that is correct. But it seems that the quality drops at (maybe) any resolution above 1080p, not just 4k.

832 (edited by chriskev 11-08-2023 22:16:45)

When I use RIFE to transcode a 1920x1080 video, the rife_v4.6.onnx.1920x1088_fp16 model is created in the cache and used, and my final video is 1920x1080.  When I try to transcode a 3840x2160 video, however, the rife_v4.6.onnx.3840x2144_fp16 model is downloaded, and my final video is 3840x2144.  Did I screw something up or am I being stupid and missed a setting?  I had hoped that it would work like it seems to for the 1080p content, and that a 3840x2176 model would be used, with the final output being the original resolution?  Thanks!

EDIT: I am upscaling content, so as a workaround I tried the following:
I upscaled a test file to 3840x2176.  In SVP, I disabled all the Frame Size options in the GUI, then went to All Settings and set the following:

frc.frame.align : 4
frc.frame.autocrop : false
frc.frame.crop : 0
frc.frame.resize : 38402160
frc.frame.valign : 216

When I add the video to transcode, I see the following:
3840x2176 @29.97 -> 3840x2160 @59.94

But when I trigger the transcode, VO still drops to 2144:

15:02:49.202: ===== Starting mpv ======
15:02:49.202: Command line: C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64\mpv.exe E:/TEST_.mp4 --o=E:/TEST_.SVP.temporary.mkv --no-audio --no-sub --no-sub-auto --input-ipc-server=mpvencodepipe --input-media-keys=no --no-msg-color --vf=vapoursynth:[C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\SVP4\scripts\ffff.py]:4:32 --of=matroska --ovc=libx265 --ovcopts=crf=19,preset=slow,g=600,x265-params=bframes=8:psy-rd=1:aq-mode=3,threads=16
15:02:49.237: (+) Video --vid=1 (*) (hevc 3840x2176 29.970fps)
15:02:49.237: Audio --aid=1 (*) (aac 2ch 48000Hz)
15:02:49.416: vstrt: TensorRT version mismatch, built with 2135 but loaded with 2136; continue but fingers crossed...
15:02:52.223: VO: [lavc] 3840x2144 yuv420p10
15:02:52.223: [vo/lavc] Opening encoder: libx265 H.265 / HEVC [libx265]

Setting frc.frame.resize to -38402160 causes the system to set 3840 to 3808:
3840x2176 @29.97 -> 3808x2160 @59.94

Xenocyde wrote:
UHD wrote:

If anyone has run this model and shared the results of its performance in scenes with dynamic action I would be very grateful.

I'm getting a new desktop setup with an i7-13700K and RTX 4080 next week, so I can test by then.

What happened with this? Are you using it for Rife? Have you tried Ensemble?

834 (edited by RedSnt 28-08-2023 20:05:32)

Took me a little while to get this up and running because I was a dumb dumb and forgot to restart SVP so I couldn't find the "Rife AI engine" profile. 

Anyway, now that I've set it up, it's running really well and I love it. 

BUT: I'm noticing something weird whenever there's a hard cut in the media I'm watching, from one camera or scene to the next, where it seems like there's a interpolated frame or something in between which is pretty off-putting. Is anyone else noticing this? Is it because I'm using AI model 4.6 instead of 4.4?

EDIT: Noticing it in AI model 4.4 as well, so not sure..

EDIT2: I'm a dumb dumb again. Playing around with the scene threshold was all I needed to do. (from 10% to 8% did the trick for me)

EDIT3: Should've added some hardware specs: 3070 Ti 8 GB, 64 GB RAM, i9-11900k 3.5GHz turbo at 5.3 GHz. There were moments were it couldn't keep up, and I was playing through MPV (SMPlayer using SVP's modified version of MPV). RIFE profile was set to 4 cores.

First of all, I can confirm that a 3060Ti is capable of to flawlessly render 1080p/60. Tough the picture is pimped up with some MadVR image refinements in the background, it does all this @ 2GHz with around 90% GPU utilization. (4.6, 2 threads, Tensor only)

My question is, is it planned to support the RDNA3 ML cores in the near future?
Thx.

dawkinscm wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:
UHD wrote:

If anyone has run this model and shared the results of its performance in scenes with dynamic action I would be very grateful.

I'm getting a new desktop setup with an i7-13700K and RTX 4080 next week, so I can test by then.

I got the new PC but have no idea how to setup the deblur model. I reached out to UHD via PM, no answer since May... maybe you can assist me?

837 (edited by dawkinscm 30-08-2023 09:15:27)

Xenocyde wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

I got the new PC but have no idea how to setup the deblur model. I reached out to UHD via PM, no answer since May... maybe you can assist me?

Not something I even knew about to be honest. I have a similar setup to you and I was only interested in Ensemble which I have now tested and confirmed that it did make existing Rife artefacts worse.

838 (edited by Xenocyde 30-08-2023 10:42:56)

dawkinscm wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

Not something I even knew about to be honest. I have a similar setup to you and I was only interested in Ensemble which I have now tested and confirmed that it did make existing Rife artefacts worse.

Ah I see. I haven't tested Ensemble cuz I haven't yet got a 4K screen (minght get a QD-OLED next year, since the 2023 Samsung ones still have some problems). Waiting for a new Rife version, hope it comes out soon. Also, hope UHD sees this comment and reaches out with some instructions to test the deblur model big_smile

839 (edited by dawkinscm 30-08-2023 11:15:41)

Xenocyde wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:

Ah I see. I haven't tested Ensemble cuz I haven't yet got a 4K screen (minght get a QD-OLED next year, since the 2023 Samsung ones still have some problems). Waiting for a new Rife version, hope it comes out soon. Also, hope UHD sees this comment and reaches out with some instructions to test the deblur model big_smile

You don't need any particular resolution see the artefacts with software interpolation. Rife mostly has much less of them but the few I have seen tend to more obvious. With whatever benefit Rife Ensemble might provide, those same Rife artefacts are made even worse.

840 (edited by Xenocyde 01-09-2023 11:28:54)

dawkinscm wrote:

You don't need any particular resolution see the artefacts with software interpolation. Rife mostly has much less of them but the few I have seen tend to more obvious. With whatever benefit Rife Ensemble might provide, those same Rife artefacts are made even worse.

Oh ya I'm aware of the artifacts, especially on fast moving objects and camera pans. I thought you were talking about Ensemble at 4K, as many people reported artifacts that only occur in 4K mode, but I can't test that since my TV is 1080p. Hopefully they can fix most of these problems with a new Rife version. I'm surprised that we haven't received a new version with how fast devs release text to image generation models these days. I know it's not the same thing, but Rife 4.6 is almost 1 year old... was hoping to see a new version integrating some deblur tech too by now.

841 (edited by dawkinscm 01-09-2023 11:57:04)

Xenocyde wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

Oh ya I'm aware of the artifacts, especially on fast moving objects and camera pans. I thought you were talking about Ensemble at 4K, as many people reported artifacts that only occur in 4K mode, but I can't test that since my TV is 1080p. Hopefully they can fix most of these problems with a new Rife version. I'm surprised that we haven't received a new version with how fast devs release text to image generation models these days. I know it's not the same thing, but Rife 4.6 is almost 1 year old... was hoping to see a new version integrating some deblur tech too by now.

Rife is mostly great but some of artefacts are worse than Automatic. Turning up the Scene change threshold helps. The major artefacts are still there unchanged, but the lesser artefacts almost disappear completely. I had it at 15% but it sometimes causes noticeable artefacts at scene transitions. So far 12% seems to be about right on Nvidia cards.

on windows, every time I restart svp, it switch back to rife, and I need to reset to automatic each time.
How do I avoid this ?

I have interesting finding for Intel Arc A750. For 480p it works fine in 2d mode but with 720p it often drops and is stuck on 8fps. Even my GTX1080 was able to play 720p cartoons fine.
Interesting is that when I change on Arc to 3D mode it works fine on 720p without drops. Maybe somebody will find this useful.
I tried onnx 4.6 model but seems that it doesn't work.

844 (edited by playzoffs 24-11-2023 09:48:58)

I thought we wont be able to watch HD real time before new RTX 6XXX series. I ll try with my 3070ti soon
krnl download
hdstreamz.uno

playzoffs wrote:

I thought we wont be able to watch HD real time before new RTX 6XXX series. I ll try with my 3070ti soon

this one can do 2k 24-48. If you watch 4k just use downscale in svp

846 (edited by Blackfyre 18-09-2023 17:06:31)

Any progress at all with Dolby Vision and RIFE working correctly? Are there any updates to look forward to or being tested in beta?

EDIT:

Can @Chainik please update MPV to v0.36.0 from July, the installer says it is currently using v0.35.1 from January.

847 (edited by dawkinscm 18-09-2023 17:37:52)

Blackfyre wrote:

Any progress at all with Dolby Vision and RIFE working correctly? Are there any updates to look forward to or being tested in beta?

EDIT:

Can @Chainik please update MPV to v0.36.0 from July, the installer says it is currently using v0.35.1 from January.

If you are on Windows then download the latest mpv executables "mpv.exe and mpv.com" and add them to c:\Program Files(x86)\SVP\mpv64 replacing the ones that are already there. But tbh unless you are looking for something specific in the latest build, I don't think you will notice any difference.

Blackfyre wrote:

Any progress at all with Dolby Vision ...

MPC Video Renderer + Avisynth Filter can now play DoVi

Chainik wrote:
Blackfyre wrote:

Any progress at all with Dolby Vision ...

MPC Video Renderer + Avisynth Filter can now play DoVi

Hello did you saw my previous message about what I  think is a bug ? :

"on windows, every time I restart svp, it switch back to rife, and I need to reset to automatic each time.
How do I avoid this ?"

oriento
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:FR … he_Profile