Topic: Abysmal 4K HDR MPV Performance with top tier hardware

Hi! I recently purchased SVP Pro to run HDR content, although it works I’m limited to 90 FPS. @ 120 FPS the performance begins to suffer severely. Monitoring resource use and my CPU and GPU are only at 20% utilization respectively (i7 8700k @ 5.1 GHz, RTX 2080 Ti). I have 32GB of RAM on tap. I have checked “GPU Acceleration > Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti and I’ve tried both with “use Nvidia Optical Flow” enabled and disabled and it makes no difference. I’ve also closed all other programs and I’ve even set both SVP Manager and MVP (the player I’m using, via SVP drop down menu) to High Priority in Task Manager. It doesn’t matter what I do the performance is abysmal above 90 FPS (4x performance) but the problem is as I said, CPU and GPU are hardly being used! I have a 240 Hz 10 bit HDR panel (Samsung Odyssey G9), I would love to see how content looks above 90 FPS but something is preventing more utilization of the components and I can’t determine what the problem is! Content is compressed via DSC (Nvidia 20 series GPU’s and later facilitate 4K over 120 Hz via DSC) so it’s not a bandwidth issue even over Displayport 1.4a! What is the problem?! Thanks.

Re: Abysmal 4K HDR MPV Performance with top tier hardware

Could try setting the number of processing threads from auto.

IE Manually set the number of processing threads. As your CPU has 12 threads (12x1.8=22) try setting it to 24.

Application settings > Additional options > Processing threads > 24

Re: Abysmal 4K HDR MPV Performance with top tier hardware

Avisynth Filter + madVR can give higher fps for 4k/10-bit - https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5877
If you prefer to stick with mpv you can disable an "allow 10-bit" option in SVP's menu.