1 (edited by spotpuff 11-03-2012 21:49:54)

Topic: SVP overriding keyboard shortcuts in other programs

I noticed when SVP Manager is running, keyboard shortcuts in other programs don't work.

For example, CTRL + SHIFT + T in Google Chrome (undo closed tab) instead activates the tearing test in SVP.

Also CTRL + SHIFT + I in lightroom (to import photos) doesn't work.

Is there a way to disable SVP capturing other application's keyboard shortcuts?  If not it makes the application a lot less useful since I have to manually turn it on or off.

*EDIT*
NEver mind, I just found it; toggle hotkeys on and off in the settings. That was easy.

Re: SVP overriding keyboard shortcuts in other programs

spotpuff
That was easy.

yeah but you're right that system wide hot keys can be confusing
thanks, may be we could make this in more correct and clear way in some next version

spotpuff
Thank you. It is good idea to automatically disable shortcuts when not playing video with SVP wink

Hey guys, the tool is really great! Been playing with it; specs:
i5-750 OC'd to 3.6GHz, 8GB RAM.
GPU is a Radeon 5850

Going to play around with the benchmarking tool to see what kind of settings I can run; I played around with some 1080p trailers and the CPU usage hits 100%, so I had to turn some settings back down (default settings were fine; CPU around 40%, but turning settings up = higher CPU).

Thanks for the great program and I agree that turning off "global keyboard shortcuts" is probably a good idea.  Allow users to turn them on if they want but defaulting to on was very confusing for an hour or so.