Topic: How to check if SVP is actively running in madVR

I’m using SVP (60fps) processing with madVR.

Is there a way to determine if SVP is active in madVR? I want to dumb down the madVR settings when active so frame drops are reduced or eliminated.

Re: How to check if SVP is actively running in madVR

Maybe frame rate check is good enough for your task?

OSD shows “23.976 fps (says source filter)” in madVR even though SVP is playing video at 60fps.  So you can't tell by source fps that SVP is activated.  In other words, you can't test source fps to set a 60fps profile in madVR.  What I've done as a work around is place videos I want to play using SVP, in a special folder, and test folder name in madVR (such as; If filePath = "*SVP*" then "60fps").  I was just wanting a more programmatic approach to sense if SVP was activated.  Thanks for your reply.

What video player are you using? If you use madVR in PotPlayer like I do, PotPlayer's stats (press Tab) show something like "FPS: <source FPS> (<transform FPS>): <average actual FPS>". It's the transform FPS you want to look at.

For example, a 30FPS video interpolated to 144FPS would look something like:
FPS: 30 (141.732)->139

5 (edited by catav 02-08-2020 05:20:04)

MPC-HC (64-bit).  That's interesting. Can you set 60fps profiles when using PotPlayer with madVR based on that info?  Does a (transform fps) test work in madVR?  How would you code this? And have you tested this? As far as I know, fps testing is always native source based. Thanks.