1 (edited by marcin 17-07-2020 14:43:33)

Topic: Version 4.3.0.195 - NVOF regression(?)

Hi there,

since the latest update, which was supposed to "improve smoothness of panning scenes in some cases", I have noticed some slow pans getting ignored by the algorithm. The frames are simply repeated, which leads to noticeable stutter. I am not sure if this happened before, because I cannot find a way to download the old version 4.3.0.192. This only happens when Nvidia Optical Flow is enabled. The issue is reduced when a smaller grid is selected, but this leads to artifacts in other scenes, so it's not a good solution.

Has anyone else noticed something like this? Does someone know if there is a way to download an old version?

Thanks!

Re: Version 4.3.0.195 - NVOF regression(?)

> Does someone know if there is a way to download an old version?

you can only replace svpflow2.dll with an older version
DirectShow 64-bit: https://www.svp-team.com/files/repo/ful … ugins64.7z

but this thing - "improve smoothness of panning scenes in some cases" - IF it is the reason of the issue - can be turned off in the current version by setting 'smooth.scene.limits.ignore = 0' in override.js

Thank you for the quick reply. Changing the option did not help me, but this old version indeed works better. Is this something you'd be willing to look into? Should I provide an example?

> Should I provide an example?

it would be helpful

In this video, between 0:10 and 0:25 there are multiple panning shots, and some of them have this new issue, both in 1080p and 2160p. I have my grid set to 32px and accuracy to high. The selected shader doesn't seem to make a difference. Can you reproduce this?

I only have access to the PC with RTX card remotely now, and this particular PC just turned off yesterday (probably because of another Win10 update). And I won't be able to turn it back on in the following two weeks sad

I'll try to figure out what else could happen in the last update.
1st thing is about adding that smooth.scene.limits.ignore option that must affect panning smoothness and the 2nd one is about 24-px NVOF grid.

No worries, I'll just use the old version for now. Thanks again!

8 (edited by fieldskyleb 21-07-2020 13:34:42)

I've found that the Windows 10 2004 (20H1) update has caused some strange issues with SVP using NVOF and certain rendering engines.

I was getting some occasional wonky issues when I had the new "Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling" feature turned on. I turned it off, and it seemed that those problems went away.

9 (edited by marcin 21-07-2020 16:22:22)

I can confirm that disabling the "Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling" did not solve the problem with the new version in the specified scene for me. The old version works well, regardless of the setting.

ok, found it... will be updated ASAP

===
please update now