1 (edited by sprakatak 01-07-2020 06:07:50)

Topic: SVP activation is delayed on starting playback or seeking

My setup: PotPlayer + madVR + LAV filters + Windows 10 (let me know if I need to be more detailed about this)

Whenever I seek or start playing a new video, audio/video playback starts for 2-4 seconds before SVP starts working. In effect, the first few seconds doesn't have FRC and also stutters a bit. It looks awkward especially with short looping clips. Is it possible to simply delay playback until SVP is ready?

What I've tried: setting main.setup.seek.reset = 0 which fixes the seek case. This time there's no stutter, FRC is immediately applied when playback starts, with a minor issue that shows some old frame (but I can live with that). However, it doesn't fix starting playback on a new video.

Re: SVP activation is delayed on starting playback or seeking

> Is it possible to simply delay playback until SVP is ready?

Nope. SVP is always "ready", this is how the video filters chain inside video players works.

Re: SVP activation is delayed on starting playback or seeking

I imagine it's an issue with either PotPlayer itself or how SVP integrates with it? I guess I'll have to keep playing around with PotPlayer settings... I was hoping it was something fixable in SVP settings.

I don't get this issue at all with mpv, where starting playback takes a few seconds longer but immediately applies FRC when it does start playing. I also tried using the direct (AviSynth) interface with PotPlayer with various renderers (not just madVR) and I get the issue. Couldn't test with VapourSynth because it stutters all throughout and crashes PotPlayer the second time I load a video.