1 (edited by Smoothiewatch 04-03-2012 14:27:54)

Topic: Smooth PAL video on 60Hz monitor?

Hello everyone, is it possible to do this with SVP? I mainly want this for live tv playback, using mpc-hc or DVBViewer for example. Played around with some 25fps mkv's and mpc-hc x86, but wasn't able to use gpu acceleration. Win 7 x64 - ATI 5670 - Intel Q9650.

Re: Smooth PAL video on 60Hz monitor?

Smoothiewatch
Yes. It is possible. What the problem?
For PAL it is not necessary to use GPU-acceleration at Q9650 wink
ATI 5670 is compatible to SVP. Unistall all NVIDIA video drivers and reinstall latest AMD video drivers.

Smoothiewatch

Hello everyone, is it possible to do this with SVP
yes, we all watch PAL progressive video (Russia is PAL-region)

what is live tv? online traslation such us footbol? probably no, exept youtube

For using GPU acceleration you must install OpenCL driver from AMD site and clean up other OpenCL drivers and drivers-trush (from NV or Intel)

Do you watch already instruction in wiki, miniFAQ?

4 (edited by Smoothiewatch 04-03-2012 16:30:16)

I am now playing a 720p 50fps video, ReClock (yellow) reports 100fps. Shouldn't it be 120fps for smooth playback on a 60Hz monitor or am I wrong? Playback seems smooth though. I get "Target video frame rate exceeds the monitor's refresh rate to 40.047fps. Continue playing videos with the effect of smooth?". CPU usage for mpc-hc is around 55%. Using LAV Video (DXVA-2 copy-back) and ffdshow raw video on EVR custom pres. On madVR, cpu usage goes around 70% and playback is not smooth.
@Rimsky: No, I mean playback from a tv tuner (DVB-T & DVB-S) or streaming from a satellite box in the local network. I've only installed the ATI Catalyst 12.1 package. OpenCL drivers are not installed with that?

Smoothiewatch
wasn't able to use gpu acceleration

What do you mean? Is "GPU acceleration" menu item available/enabled or grayed out?

Smoothiewatch
Shouldn't it be 120fps for smooth playback on a 60Hz monitor or am I wrong?
It must be 60 fps on 60 Hz monitor.

I am now playing a 720p 50fps video, ReClock (yellow) reports 100fps
You have to select "Framerate change" setting to screen refresh rate in SVP profile settings window to get 60 fps from your 50 fps video.

I get "Target video frame rate exceeds the monitor's refresh rate to 40.047fps. Continue playing videos with the effect of smooth?"
It is warning about difference of your video framerate and screen refresh rate.

You must do deinterlace on PAL (interlaced) video before SVP interpolation. It is only way to do this on ATI/AMD is software deinterlace (using LAV or ffdShow).

7 (edited by Smoothiewatch 05-03-2012 09:52:26)

Thanks for the info, MAG79.

Chainik wrote:

What do you mean? Is "GPU acceleration" menu item available/enabled or grayed out?

It's greyed out. Are these the OpenCL drivers I should install?

Smoothiewatch
no
here driver for you

Package contains the following graphics drivers and dependent/required software for the products specified in the current version's official release notes for the 64 bit version of Windows Vista and Windows 7:
                Display Driver
                OpenCL(tm) Driver
                AMD Integrated Driver
                Catalyst Control Center

unistall all older stuffs, reboot and install Catalyst 12.1

Thanks, it was the APP SDK Runtime option in Catalyst installation - GPU-acceleration is now enabled. Still, it's quite CPU intensive stuff! I managed to make it work fine for 576i videos and live TV (with DVBViewer) - CPU around 30-50%. With 720p/50fps, CPU goes up to 70% and video stutters. Still, it's great work - thanks a lot.   smile
I see the "frame blending to screen refresh-rate" is not required for smooth playback, so I'll leave it off - it seems to increase CPU usage.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2023/amdcatalystinstall.th.jpg

Smoothiewatch
With 720p/50fps, CPU goes up to 70% and video stutters.

There're a lot of options to tune performance wink Q9650 should handle even 1080p.

11 (edited by Smoothiewatch 05-03-2012 11:40:49)

Thanks, I'll try and experiment a bit. Is the .chm help file available in English - or maybe in the future?

Smoothiewatch
Is the .chm help file available in English

Nope smile The upcoming 3.1 version will have a completely different set of options so there's no point now to write any description for 3.0.x.

Chainik
Can you please please please  big_smile  tell the release date for 3.1?

14 (edited by %username% 06-03-2012 12:17:41)

THX-UltraII
Can you please please please  big_smile  tell the release date for 3.1?

as soon as possible!
please please please dont harry up developers

THX-UltraII
Can you please please please    tell the release date for 3.1?
I wish I knew  big_smile