1 (edited by KnightRiderKARR 03-05-2020 11:17:17)

Topic: SVP 4 not much smooth in some scenes

Hello

I ve been using SVP 3.0.6 for a long time and i try SVP 4 but i see the motion is not very smooth like the SVP 3.0.6

I try at the maximum settings manually with Artifacts Masking disabled but in some fast scenes/moves does not smooth and i think overall the motion is little blurry (like capture with lowest shutter speed)

Can we somehow using SVP 4 with svp 3.0.6 scripts or reduce the motion blur ???

Re: SVP 4 not much smooth in some scenes

What is your CPU & GPU? What media player are you using? What settings are you using with SVP 4? Providing some information might allow the devs or others to help you.

From my memory, I have been using SVP 4 since day 1, and was using 3.x.x before that. SVP 4 was better in both performance and quality. Maybe you have some settings wrong.

My PC Specs:
- CPU: Intel Core i7 860 2.8GHz (Multithread Enabled)
- RAM: 16GB
- GeForce GTX 960 4GB

Media Player: MPC-HC
- DirectShow: MadVR or Sync Renderer,,ffdshow

I don't say there is no improvement and perfomance,, just in very fast scenes it looks like does not do anything and overall motion is like little blurry (like on games Motion Blur=ON) and in a very few scenes the actor still a little at 24fps (does not happening at 4.1 with same settings)

SVP 4.3 Settings (Image)

Post's attachments

settings 2.jpg, 73.57 kb, 594 x 359
settings 2.jpg 73.57 kb, 286 downloads since 2020-05-03 

4 (edited by AutumQueen92 03-05-2020 11:54:10)

KnightRiderKARR wrote:

My PC Specs:
- GeForce GTX 960 4GB

Media Player: MPC-HC
- DirectShow: MadVR or Sync Renderer,,ffdshow

I don't say there is no improvement and perfomance,, just in very fast scenes it looks like does not do anything and overall motion is like little blurry (like on games Motion Blur=ON) and in a very few scenes the actor still a little at 24fps (does not happening at 4.1 with same settings)

SVP 4.3 Settings (Image)

Everything is at max value, which shouldn't be the case to get smoothness. I find motion vectors grid at 16 / 24 / 28 works well.

Try reducing some of the other settings as well, especially MadVR.

Post's attachments

Screenshot_32.png, 64.51 kb, 710 x 738
Screenshot_32.png 64.51 kb, 281 downloads since 2020-05-03 

KnightRiderKARR wrote:

My PC Specs:
- GeForce GTX 960 4GB

RTX 2070 Super
16Gb RAM
4790K @ 4.6Ghz

And with my hardware I don't think I can run your settings. You're maxing out everything like @AutumQueen92 is saying. With your hardware this is impossible. Also even if you HAD the best hardware, this settings is not good in my opinion.

This whole time you have probably been watching with a lot of delayed frames and a lot of dropped frames. Of course it's not going to be smooth.

Here are my settings below, test them out, and disable artifact masking if you want a smoother experience:

https://i.imgur.com/4vReGUI.png

6 (edited by KnightRiderKARR 03-05-2020 14:07:11)

I try your settings but is not good smooth for me...
I think they change scripts/development at motion vectors precision and grid + the bad is only 1 option artifacts masking are available (with 3.0.6 had 3 options {Contour and 2 bad areas suppresion})
I dont know if we can get motion vectors grid at 4px (maybe it helping me) and offcourse i know i will have more artifacts but i dont care -- with SVP 3.0.6 i had more "soap opera" and more options

Βy choosing "SVP Shader = 21.Simple" i see the motion blur has been little decreased

@Blackfyre and @AutumQueen92 i dont have fps drops or delayed - at 720p with max settings run fine - Only at 1080p i need change 3 options (See Image for proof)

Post's attachments

SVP 1080p.jpg, 131.28 kb, 615 x 739
SVP 1080p.jpg 131.28 kb, 256 downloads since 2020-05-03 

I also encountered the same problem, and found that this is not caused by the usual imperfect settings. Especially when playing cartoons, when the main character moves greatly, no perfect setting can avoid the background from being stuck. This effect is completely different from Dmitrirender, which does not lose the FRC effect of the background because the subject moves significantly.

KnightRiderKARR wrote:

I try your settings but is not good smooth for me...
I think they change scripts/development at motion vectors precision and grid + the bad is only 1 option artifacts masking are available (with 3.0.6 had 3 options {Contour and 2 bad areas suppresion})
I dont know if we can get motion vectors grid at 4px (maybe it helping me) and offcourse i know i will have more artifacts but i dont care -- with SVP 3.0.6 i had more "soap opera" and more options

Βy choosing "SVP Shader = 21.Simple" i see the motion blur has been little decreased

@Blackfyre and @AutumQueen92 i dont have fps drops or delayed - at 720p with max settings run fine - Only at 1080p i need change 3 options (See Image for proof)

KnightRiderKARR wrote:

Hello

I ve been using SVP 3.0.6 for a long time and i try SVP 4 but i see the motion is not very smooth like the SVP 3.0.6

I try at the maximum settings manually with Artifacts Masking disabled but in some fast scenes/moves does not smooth and i think overall the motion is little blurry (like capture with lowest shutter speed)

Can we somehow using SVP 4 with svp 3.0.6 scripts or reduce the motion blur ???

I agree with SVP 4 I realize in some scenes it seems no interpolation frame effect at all.
I just tried uninstalling SVP 4 then installed SVP 3.0.6 to test but it showed avisynth error.