Topic: SVP uses CPU even when rate conversion is disabled

I have the automatic profile disabled (not doing any rate conversion), but when I use that profile, even with a video at 30fps, mpv still uses more cpu than when I exit svp totally. Why is that? what is the program doing with my mpv session if no rate conversion is in use?.

Re: SVP uses CPU even when rate conversion is disabled

SVP does all other stuff:
- Detect and cut black bars
- Another frame crop and frame resize
- Outer lighting

You can use option "Temporarily disable SVP" in SVP menu to completely disable SVP processing.

MAG79 wrote:

SVP does all other stuff:
- Detect and cut black bars
- Another frame crop and frame resize
- Outer lighting

The problem is that I have all of that disabled, I´ve done lots of adjustments to the configuration and I´m sure that I don´t have any feature enabled, then why it needs to use cpu?.

MAG79 wrote:

You can use option "Temporarily disable SVP" in SVP menu to completely disable SVP processing.

Sure, but I want to do that automatically for some videos, like the "if" section in the profile selection, if svp must use cpu if not completely disabled, I want to be able to disable svp automatically when some video is playing, is there any way to do that?.

there's a red button in the video profile to turn off SVP completely, not only the frame interpolation

the difference is "insert vaporsynth filter into mpv or not"

5 (edited by rubenxinternet 23-04-2020 10:49:22)

Chainik wrote:

there's a red button in the video profile to turn off SVP completely, not only the frame interpolation

the difference is "insert vaporsynth filter into mpv or not"

I don´t see that button, could you send a screenshot pls? maybe it´s only for windows? (I´m on Linux). If you mean the "temporaly disable svp" option, I don´t mean that, I want an automatic solution.

Edit: Ok I found it, the problem was that I was trying to use the automatic profile for that, but in that profile for some reason the "red button" don´t appear, so I had to create a new profile called "disable" for that. Thank you for the help.