Topic: AVS+ YUV444P16LE for encoding?

So, since we have access to drives that do UHD-BD at YUV420P10LE, can we get an update on the SVP libraries?

As I understand, all sources need to be converted to YV12 for AVS/AVS+.
Vapoursynth allows native 10-bit video better over AVS+.

But AVS+ has had updates recently. That help a lot with things like FFMPEG and 16-bit depth.

Can we have SVPFlow binaries accept yuv420p10le as UHD-BD becomes more available?

I know that libraries process internally at 32-bit floating-point, but if the input can be at least 10-bit, that'd fair a lot better over 8-bit sources.

I've been experimenting where I take UHD-BD's and resize only the luma plane to get a decent yuv444p10le video.
Since only the luma needs to be resized, the chroma can remain untouched after cropping.
Making a far better, more natural yuv at 4:4:4 than previously allowed with Blu-Ray at 1080p.

I believe the process chain from the source to the SVPFlow libraries will benefit just as much as VapourSynth if the source can  be 10-bit natively over (dithere/non-dithered) 8-bit source from a UHD-BD.
I'd compromise on the tone-mapping if I can process the 10-bit to SVP settings, instead of settling for 8-bit precision (on the source's part, rather than the actual processing part; 10-bits is more precise over 8-bits).

If I didn't have to converts UHD-BD sources to 8-bit YV12, I'd be converting everything to placebo encodings of SVP at ~60fps!

I've been testing a lot of sources on different settings to achieve an incredible display of SVP's power to interpolate to ~60fps (NTSC-standards).

Re: AVS+ YUV444P16LE for encoding?

as 10-bit AVS chain is completely useless for the SVP itself, it's definitely not the high priority task...

Re: AVS+ YUV444P16LE for encoding?

Okay. I'll keep an eye out for it in the future.

Converting to YV12 is not that big of a deal. I can't really tell the difference from the tests I've done.
So YV12 is pretty good for a compromise.
I was just concerned with placebo settings.

I'm already seeing a difference in what I can do with encoding compared to live play-back.