Re: Bad performance after format of PC

Got my GPU to work again, and my performance came back. Did a restart, and poor performance back again.

I'm just gonna delete this thread now. This won't get fixed anytime soon.

Thanks for all help

Oh, looks like I can't delete this thread. Oh well, nvm.

You need to calm down, haha and troubleshoot until you fix the issue.

You said you're sure it's not a hardware issue right? I assumed you've stress tested everything. I also assume you have water cooling or some kind of decent air cooler right? Don't tell me you're overclocking your CPU with the STOCK cooler please.

54 (edited by BetteBalterZen 02-04-2020 14:05:00)

Yes, I'm using a H105 watercooler and getting temps around 45-50 when gaming fx.

And sorry about not being too calm, my bad.

you probably want to post a bug report at NV's forum wink
don't even mention SVP, low fps in FH4 is enough

After my 3rd fresh install of Windows, and after plugging out a USB-C hub, I was able to get good performance back.
I was even able to restart my PC 6 times; still had good FPS. Then I tried restarting a 7th time, and yup poor performance again.

Btw, I did try and reset my BIOS last night, so my OC was gone, and that had no effect.

My sisters boyfriend (he's an IT guy also) said he thinks it's the GPU having memory failure. I have no clue though anymore.
But I do think it's some sort of hardware failure now. But I don't have a 2nd PC to test my hardware in, so don't know what to do.

Chainik wrote:

you probably want to post a bug report at NV's forum wink
don't even mention SVP, low fps in FH4 is enough

Thanks, will do!

I chatted with Nvidia support.

After chatting for a while, the support guy asks me to clean my graphics card, even though my temps are "normal".
So I did, and yes there were a little bit of dust but nothing serious IMO - well I guess I think it's a serious enough amount now - and I've been able to restart 10 times since I cleaned my graphics card, and my performance sticks this time.

So now after posting this, I will try and reboot for the 11th time to see if it truly sticks. The other times were I have thought it was fixed and I posted here that it was fixed, it always got bad again after a reboot.
So yeah...

Yup, I guess it's for good this time - rebooted and my performance sticks! Great!

Now I'm a very glad geek again, lol...

And thank you guys for keep helping me even though I wasn't being too calm, as Blackfyre said. Sorry about that.

I just woke up and my PC performance is still good, yaaay!

BetteBalterZen wrote:

Yup, I guess it's for good this time - rebooted and my performance sticks! Great!

And thank you guys for keep helping me even though I wasn't being too calm, as Blackfyre said. Sorry about that.

No need to apologise, haha it's fine. So everything working now? No more issues after multiple restarts?

62 (edited by BetteBalterZen 05-04-2020 07:11:13)

Blackfyre wrote:
BetteBalterZen wrote:

No need to apologise, haha it's fine. So everything working now? No more issues after multiple restarts?

:-) :-) :-)

But yes, my PC has been working perfectly ever since. Also, I have like 5-10 FPS more than before when it ran "normally" (in video games of course), so I've actually had bad performance for a while, just not bad enough to make the GPU poop itself tongue

So yes, it's hecking awesome again. I'm very glad big_smile

BetteBalterZen wrote:

Hello all

I've been using SVP and MPV together for 4K HDR @48FPS movies for a long time.

Are you able to play 4K in 10 bit mode, with 59.940 FPS, without HW decoding- in mpv-with your 8700k CPU?

Not sure if you solved already your problem, but it could be you have a rouge bitcoin miner installed or something. Not really an expert but as far as i understand they can be pretty sneaky and they do botch your system performance. Just "Thinking out loud" because as reading this thread it seems you've tried everything

BetteBalterZen wrote:

My sisters boyfriend (he's an IT guy also) ......

Also? As well as who?