1 (edited by Blackfyre 09-03-2020 23:22:26)

Topic: Questions regarding Nvidia Optical Flow

My GTX 1070 died recently, waiting for RMA. But if they don't repair it, I wanted to ask a few questions regarding Nvidia Optical Flow.

I know the RTX GPU's will help me a lot with my 4790K when it comes to 4K content (because Nvidia Optical Flow will take a lot of the processing power), but questions below:

Is there a difference between GPU's that support Nvidia Optical Flow in terms of performance with SVP? So for example is there any benefit for SVP if I choose a higher-end GPU, over lower-end, 1660Ti, 2060s, 2070s, or 2080s? Or do they all perform the same as long as they support Nvidia Optical Flow?

If there is no difference in performance with SVP, do you guys think in future updates there might be a difference? Is it worth paying the extra money for a higher end GPU.

Is there a special way to enable it? Or do I just choose the new videocard once I upgrade from the GPU Acceleration section in SVP?

Re: Questions regarding Nvidia Optical Flow

afaik the hardware blocks are the same

Chainik wrote:

afaik the hardware blocks are the same

Good to know, thank you for the response. Surprised they haven't made a cheap $100 card that just supports nVidia Optical Flow then. I got a new GTX 1070 from the manufacturer so I won't be upgrading anymore, but I wish there was a cheap card I can buy and add to the PC to use for nVidia Optical Flow.

$160 for the "1650 Super" is close enough

Chainik wrote:

$160 for the "1650 Super" is close enough

~$300 in Australia, haha! Electronics are all very expensive in Australia.