Topic: Capture Card+SVP+MadVR issue

When I use a capture card, MadVR drops ALL of SVP’s interpolated frames, regardless of MadVR’s settings.  But when I play an AVI, MadVR shows SVP’s interpolated frames.

Software: Potplayer 64-bit (1.7.21126) with Dreamject’s libtorrent Reshade loader, ffdshow, SVP4 4.3.0.183, and Windows 10.

Hardware: Xeon E5-1680v2 (OC 4.5ghz 8C/16T), EVGA RTX 2080ti, 64gb Ram, Avermedia Live Gamer 4k GC573.

When I use the capture card with EVR-CP, I get a super smooth 180fps, with about 38ms of added latency.

When I use the capture card with MadVR, it drops all of the interpolated frames. I have tried other capture cards (Elgato HD60 pro, etc.), and they have the same issue.  When I use the capture card without SVP, MadVR shows the frames without any issues.  Moreover, when I play an AVI or other media file, MadVR shows all of SVP’s interpolated frames.  The capture card uses a RAW format.

Does anyone know how to get MadVR to play the capture card’s interpolated frames?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Capture Card+SVP+MadVR issue

Most obvious suggestion is lower madVR settings. 4k@180 fps can easily eat any video card.

3 (edited by fieldskyleb 02-03-2020 19:38:16)

It drops all the frames even when I don't do any upscaling or have any of the other MadVR enhancements activated.

Dunno what to say. If it works with EVR then madVR is the bottleneck, not SVP.

5 (edited by fieldskyleb 02-03-2020 21:48:16)

Thanks. It looks like MadVR doesn't accept the new frame rate when the source is coming from a capture card (RAW). MadVR will still play the original frames, but it drops all the interpolated frames. I'll post a response if I'm able to find anything.

6 (edited by otic 04-03-2020 06:54:28)

hey fieldskeb,

how do you get 5.1 sound ( like dts, dolby digital) with this capture card? I was thinking of recording the output stream from SVP but in manuals of the capture cards say it cannot record multichannel sound?

7 (edited by fieldskyleb 04-03-2020 13:43:37)

I'm able to get 7.1 sound with the GC573. It had some issues with dts, so I used PCM. I wouldn't be shocked if multi-channel sound is dependent on the make/model of the capture card. Also, there could be some bandwidth issues with USB based ones. I always recommend PCIe cards.
I'm not using the AVerMedia Recentral Software. Instead, I'm using potplayer.

With my setup, this is what I had to do:
1. Make sure the source is outputting multi-channel PCM over HDMI. Some consoles, like the Xbox 360, don't support PCM over HDMI... If you are using any hdmi switches make sure that they support the multi-channel audio and that they are in passthrough mode.
2. Setup potplayer to passthrough the audio.
3. Potplayer/the GC573 doesn't like changing audio stream formats once you start showing the stream on your screen. I was having some issues where the console would send stereo signals while it was booting up, and once it started then it would switch over to the multichannel. But potplayer/GC573 would stay locked on stereo. My work around was to wait for the console to finish booting and then start the stream in potplayer.