Topic: Low SVP Index after today update

Just got update today (4.3.0.183, don't know why it didn't prompt me until today) and video playback at 1080p@144Hz becomes laggy with SVP Index < 1. The CPU usage is no where near 100%, just around 50% (Used to see ~99% CPU usage in the past when I encountered lag, but not this time). GPU usage fluctuates between 20%-65%. Tried DDU and clean install GPU driver, reinstall SVP, no luck.

CPU: i5-3470
GPU: GTX1070
player: MPC-HC x64

Re: Low SVP Index after today update

If you used madVR before then the MPC-HC's update may probably reset it to EVR. Which is not good for 144 fps...

Chainik wrote:

If you used madVR before then the MPC-HC's update may probably reset it to EVR. Which is not good for 144 fps...

I didn't use madVR. I just used what the SVP installer give me out of the box without checking any additional component during installation, which used to works fine at 144fps.
Just give madVR a try but it is even worse. The SVP index looks a bit better, hovering around 1.00, but the actual video playback is way slower than audio, the audio does not even stutter to wait for the video like before.

The thing is, it's not because of "today update".
What's the point of starting THREE similar topics every time you encounter the very same problem? hmm

https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5284
https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5598

5 (edited by rickymohk 27-02-2020 11:46:35)

Sorry for opening similar posts. But still there isn't a convincing solution for this very same problem and the problem does pop up suddenly without any obvious cause. It is so frustrating.
And this time is a bit different, the CPU usage is not maxing out.

Did you check if GPU acceleration in SVP is turned on?

Appplication settings -> GPU acceleration

Happened to me a couple of times that all of a sudden the GPU acceleration was turned off and videos started to stutter tremendously.

Moondust76 wrote:

Happened to me a couple of times that all of a sudden the GPU acceleration was turned off and videos started to stutter tremendously.

Yes. It was on but still lag. I can only resort to reinstalling windows. This happens to me more and more frequently. I would always try reinstalling GPU driver first. If that doesn't fix it, only reinstalling windows would fix it. I could expect to see more frequent reinstallation of windows in the future.

rickymohk wrote:
Moondust76 wrote:

Yes. It was on but still lag. I can only resort to reinstalling windows. This happens to me more and more frequently. I would always try reinstalling GPU driver first. If that doesn't fix it, only reinstalling windows would fix it. I could expect to see more frequent reinstallation of windows in the future.

This is not normal behaviour.

Download Malwarebytes Antimalware, use trial. Do a FULL SCAN of your entire system. If there's a USB that you use to reinstall programs that you have on it after you format, or any external hard drives. Plug them all in and make sure you do a custom scan on them too.

There is no way installing Windows and after a while you get slow downs, and then you have to format and install Windows again. This is not a way to fix issues. You need to figure out the software, or the tweaks, or something that either you're doing or being done to your system that is causing your issue.

Check your windows battery settings. My Windows 10 has a tendency to stick to battery mode which cuts the performance sometimes.

Blackfyre wrote:
rickymohk wrote:
Moondust76 wrote:

This is not normal behaviour.

Download Malwarebytes Antimalware, use trial. Do a FULL SCAN of your entire system. If there's a USB that you use to reinstall programs that you have on it after you format, or any external hard drives. Plug them all in and make sure you do a custom scan on them too.

There is no way installing Windows and after a while you get slow downs, and then you have to format and install Windows again. This is not a way to fix issues. You need to figure out the software, or the tweaks, or something that either you're doing or being done to your system that is causing your issue.

Recently I usually got it fixed by DDU and reinstall GPU driver. I certainly did not mess with any GPU settings before the issue suddenly pop up.