Topic: Update on Nvidia GPU Acceleration

Hi,

I'm currently still on SVP 3.1.7a, and still experiencing the Win10 GPU Acceleration lockup when using LAV Video's NVIDIA CUVID + SVP OpenCL acceleration. Disabling OpenCL acceleration or using any DXVA2 decode eliminates this problem.

I just recently bought a 2060 Super and am planning to purchase SVP4 Pro to use Optical Flow, but have a question:

Will using CUVID + OpenCL still lock up MPC-HC if I enable both as of the latest build? Or do I even still need OpenCL acceleration if I use Optical Flow? I hear OF creates a different kind of visual artifact, so I'd like to know if the CUVID + OpenCL path is still viable.

Re: Update on Nvidia GPU Acceleration

Don't you want to try a 30-days trial first? oO

3 (edited by DavidArland 21-12-2019 13:02:17)

Yeah, I probably will. Will there be an issue if I keep both 3.1.7a and 4 Pro installed at the same time (with the other one switched off, of course)?

I have lots of custom profiles already, so I don't want to have to remove them right now if I don't have to.

> Will there be an issue if I keep both 3.1.7a and 4 Pro installed at the same time

nope, just note the Avisynth version installed
3.1 doesn't work with Avisynth+ and 4 doesn't work with Avisynth 2.5

> Will using CUVID + OpenCL still lock up MPC-HC if I enable both as of the latest build?

I believe it works since... I dunno, long time ago. At least I don't have any problems with both 1070 and 2070.

Chainik wrote:

> Will there be an issue if I keep both 3.1.7a and 4 Pro installed at the same time

nope, just note the Avisynth version installed
3.1 doesn't work with Avisynth+ and 4 doesn't work with Avisynth 2.5

> Will using CUVID + OpenCL still lock up MPC-HC if I enable both as of the latest build?

I believe it works since... I dunno, long time ago. At least I don't have any problems with both 1070 and 2070.

Oddly just tried Nvidia  in LAV settings and mpc 32bit wont play video with this enabled. Have to revert to D3d11