1 (edited by Nvidiaaa 25-11-2019 16:02:18)

Topic: how much nvidia optical flow helps ?

I am buying nvidia 2070 super and i am thinking about buying svp pro, i read there were artifacts and heard negative things about it. How much nvidia optical flow helps. Did software got better ?

Re: how much nvidia optical flow helps ?

I don't know about nVidia Optical Flow, I'm sure someone will help you there. But regarding the negative things you heard, don't bother listening to them. After getting used to watching my TV shows & movies with SVP, I have never gone back. I cannot go back. Also right now, it's on 50% discount and it isn't really expensive. Just buy it and try it. Read around the forum here for issues you run into, try different settings, etc and then if you run into things you need help for, just ask on the forum and surely someone will assist you.

As for artifacts, yes they will always be there. With the right settings you can minimise them to occur rarely, but honestly overall smoothness increase outweighs those instances where I see artifacts. At least with my settings anyway.

My settings aren't the smoothest, but I try to minimise the artifacts as much as I can.

By the way, SVP is a mostly CPU intensive program. GPU helps a little with SVP, but it's mostly used for upscaling and the media player.

Nvidiaaa

> How much nvidia optical flow helps

I wouldn't say it is really better in terms of quality. Moreover, if you already used to some kind of visual artifacts and then you see different kind - it can be annoying.
But if you care about CPU load especially playing 4K/HDR then NVOF could be a life-saver for a less-than-6-cores CPU.

Blackfyre

> GPU helps a little with SVP

yeah, "a little", but it actually halves the cpu load wink

With Optical Flow it's possible to watch 4K HDR movies at 144FPS with a four core CPU. So yeah, it's great!