1 (edited by empleat100 22-09-2019 16:19:17)

Topic: how to add filters to vapoursynth version of svp

Since svp stores vapoursynth files in different locations and have specific version of python and vapoursynth. I cannot use easy installer, or there was some addon not sure what it was to install filters and scripts. How do install vapousynth filters for this version of vapoursynth which comes with svp ? I need debanding and denoise, since default denoising filters in video players cause extremely low framerate even on state of art graphic cards, because these algorithms are badly coded. I asked on doom, but they didn't asnwer.

Re: how to add filters to vapoursynth version of svp

Perhaps you will find answers at official vapoursynth site:
http://www.vapoursynth.com/doc/autoloading.html

What you've tried and what is not worked?

> this version of vapoursynth which comes with svp ?

it's not a some "special" version, it's a portable 64-bit release downloaded directly from https://github.com/vapoursynth/vapoursynth/releases

empleat100 wrote:

Since svp stores vapoursynth files in different locations and have specific version of python and vapoursynth. I cannot use easy installer, or there was some addon not sure what it was to install filters and scripts. How do install vapousynth filters for this version of vapoursynth which comes with svp ? I need debanding and denoise, since default denoising filters in video players cause extremely low framerate even on state of art graphic cards, because these algorithms are badly coded. I asked on doom, but they didn't asnwer.

How do you "install" it anyway? I assume you're on Windows.

Actually, you don't install it, you just download the necessary vapoursynth and python(portable) and follow the instruction and you get the working (and isolated) python-3 instance with vapoursynth available as a module. There's no pip or easy_install tho but it's not hard to add it.

5 (edited by empleat100 25-09-2019 00:32:18)

I don't even know where to paste parameters. There is nothing on vapoursynth website and i tried plugin autoloading and nothing loaded, while i downloaded plugin for my version.

and follow the instruction

Yet that's a problem, on github page of these plugins is 0 instructions how to install and on vapoursynth page plugin autoloading does nothing.  And also folders are in different places. I think i found one of three.
I was reading though and there is nothing actually how to install plugins and where to put parameters. I have no idea how to set this up. 
I was trying to find some tutorial which would give example but found nothing, usually there are some community tutorials for stuff like this.
I mostly don't care about debanding, but noise in some tv shows is very annoying and denoising helps a lot.
I asked on vapoursynth page, if doesn't matter that i have this version of vapoursynth, so that doesn't matter anyway.

If the plugin is .dll, whether you put in vapoursynth-folder/vapoursynth64/plugins or vapoursynth-folder/vapoursynth64/coreplugins
or you can load it in script with core.std.LoadPlugin("your-dll-path")

If the plugin is Python script, ensure that file is accessible from your script, for example like putting it beside your vapoursynth script