1 (edited by hoover1979 27-08-2019 03:57:56)

Topic: Can no longer update SVP 4 Pro, because Windows 10

I migrated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and had to reinstall SVP4 pro, now I have pending updates and I can't apply them, as Windows 10 is blocking it even though I gave my admin user account full control over everything in the SVP 4 Pro folder.  Instead when I click the "Update via SVP maintenance tool" my mouse cursor goes to a blue circle for half a second, then back to a normal cursor, and nothing else happens!  I can click it dozens of times and nothing happens, and restarting the rig doesn't help.  I am using v1903.  Any ideas on how to get Windows 10 to stop telling me which apps and features I can and can't use?!  I miss the days when the user could choose what they use on their rig rather than these days of Microsoft telling the user what they can and can't do on their OWN PC!

I attached my DXDiag file if it helps the development team identify the issue, I know I won't get any help from MS over this.

Post's attachments

DxDiag.txt 86.56 kb, 318 downloads since 2019-08-26 

Re: Can no longer update SVP 4 Pro, because Windows 10

Not sure it's Windows 10's issue.
In some rate cases SVP's installation files are broken in an unknown way, preventing maintenance app from launch. All you can do is reinstall SVP. You can keep all the settings files if you'd like - see %APPDATA%/SVP4/settings.