Topic: Seek in the files

Hello, i have just discovered this nice software.
It works good with PotPlayer and i tried also with SMplayer

what i really don't like, and i need, is that the research uising the wheel becomes too hard. It's not fluid like when i play the files without SVP. is there anythingg i can do to resolve this problem (it's a problem for me)

Another thing is:do i have to open SVP every time i have to play a video or is there a way to open it automatic when i use the player?

Re: Seek in the files

If I understand correctly, SMPlayer should work way better with seeking, just right click on SVP icon and go: App Settings>Additional options>Reset on seek>Don't reset. The problem is that for Potplayer this option might bring negative setbacks, look it yourself.
Also, choose checkbox to load SVP at OS startup, no need to launch it anymore.

ok i don't need to launch it but it must stay active every minute even when i'm not watching a video

i already tried that setting. maybe reducing the fps? my monitor plays video at 75fps, can i set 60?
Using SMplayer is not better for what i see.

theinvoker wrote:

my monitor plays video at 75fps, can i set 60?

The best way to do this is to switch your monitor video mode to 60 Hz refreshrate.

theinvoker wrote:

ok i don't need to launch it but it must stay active every minute even when i'm not watching a video

i already tried that setting. maybe reducing the fps? my monitor plays video at 75fps, can i set 60?
Using SMplayer is not better for what i see.

OK, sorry for not replying.
1. You could try custom resolution of 72.
2. About players, care to try mpv bundled with SVP? It takes some time to customize it for your needs (setting controls via input.conf for example) but it is definitely better with seeking (didn't try it with wheel though). As for SMplayer - that's my bad, I mistook it for Plex I guess.

i'm not going to change refresh rate to 60 just for SVP and i doubt 75-->>72 (that i don't know how to set) would change anything

point 2 i don't understand the second part about SMplayer.
SMplayer can use the mpv of svp as egine just having all the features (interface) of SM

7 (edited by James D 20-05-2019 15:57:11)

I always mistake Plex with Smplayer. After you said that SMplayer has no difference in seeking compared to ffdshow (and I know mpv-based should have some difference) I made assumption I mistook those two again.
Now let me try to help you again. this time I will reply way quicker:
1. While playing, click SVP icon once. It should tell you the multiplier. If it is x3 then it's OK but if it is something like XX/XX then 72 would do better.
You can set 72 in Nvidia control panel if you have one, custom resolution, add new, set Hz mode.
If you have AMD, there should be same option there as well as in Intel (as long as you use desktop, not notebook).
2. Are you sure that option in SVP about seek is to not reset?
3. I'm not using wheel seek but for normal key seek you can switch option of seeking by iframes or not (mpv, potplayer). That might do the difference too.